Clear all

first song

54 Posts
51 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member

My first song was, walk don't run by the ventures and then Sugar,Sugar by the Archies. Then moved into Boston, Led Zeppelin and Bad Company.

:D

ReplyQuote
(@alexduller)
Trusted Member

I learnt House of the rising Sun off of this website... :D

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5328/guitarsig6bw.gif

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Wish You Were Here Took me 4 month's

Me too. But it only took me 1 month. Hey, maybe I'm a natural! :D lol

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

cant believe noone has said these but my first ones were back in black and prolly heart of gold- neil young

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

The Beatles - Blackbird, fingerstyle and all. Now that I look back, sort of an odd choice. 30 years later when I picked up the guitar and started playing again, it was the first complete song to come back to me.

ReplyQuote
(@briank)
Estimable Member

"Come as you are" by Nirvana. I played with only my index finger, until my older, slightly more experienced brother showed me the joy of having four fretting fingers. And then "Horse with No Name." I think I learned both from here. 8)
Oh, and don't forget Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water." That riff was sooo difficult until I learned how to play only two (or three) strings. But until then, I just played with one string. :wink:

"All I see is draining me on my Plastic Fantastic Lover!"

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

The first song I learned to play was House of the rising sun. Followed by Blackbird, which took way to much energy for a beginner, but I was determined.

ReplyQuote
(@kachman)
Estimable Member

i learned wish you were here, then redemption song, then bang bang bang by tracy chapman, then killing me softly by roberta flack 6 months in.

http://www.myspace.com/kachman

ReplyQuote
(@tfroberg)
Eminent Member

The first thing I learned to play on the guitar was, bizarely enough, the guitar parts to the "Banjo duel" from the film "Deliverance". Seeing as how I was living out in the sticks at the time, it sort of fit.. :lol:

After that, I learned Nirvana's "Come as you are", and "Polly".

This space for rent

ReplyQuote
(@eddie5150)

The first song I learned to play, well it was'nt really a song. You see being a big van halen fan the first thing I learned was tapping. I practiced that for months and months untill I could do it right.

ReplyQuote
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

The first song I learned how to play was knockin on heavens door. Followed by Uncle Johns Band and Good Riddence. Its funny that I play none of those songs now.

ReplyQuote
(@shift)
Estimable Member

I think, the 1st riff I learned was AC/DC-whole lota rosie

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

First "complete" song, which also included me singing while playing was Hurt by Johnny Cash.

And there is only one person other than Paul I can thank, and that would be none other than Mr. Hodge. As I'm sure I speak for the rest of us here......Thank You, David!

ReplyQuote
(@deadhead420)

Mine was Iron man, simple but overplayed, then smoke on the water, and then intros and bits and pieces of alot of Black Sabbath songs...

"Haha Duuude, you said crank... and then, you said shaft..." -The Great Philoshipher Zane.

ReplyQuote
(@bigstu)
Eminent Member

first one I learnt all the way through without any notes in front of me was blackbird by the beatles. I just love the feel & tempo of that song. took me a couple of months too.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4