Clear all

first song

54 Posts
51 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@sparrow-aka-honor-roller)
Trusted Member

When i first started playing, i just learned pieces of songs and played scales like crazy. Got a little annoying when i went to parties etc. and couldn't play any full songs. Horse With No Name Was the first. Guitar Noise helped on that one. Guess i knew it within a couple days, but that doesn't really mean i could play it... still improving on it.

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

The First song i learned was enter sandman - on my cortx6 :lol:
i'd have it hanging by my waist jamming that song :oops:

ahh that's what made it fun you know, no bull***t effects . just play.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@hawken)
Trusted Member

The first for me was either Big Salty Tears off the Sublime Acoustic CD or Rodeo Clowns by Jack Johnson.

Took me a few months before I could play them decently.

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

A jack johnson.. Such great songs. You don't know any webpages who has lessons with his songs?

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@hawken)
Trusted Member

Don't really know one with "lessons", but this one has a lot of tabs.

http://members.optushome.com.au/jaimitchell/index1.html

His songs are pretty easy (as long as you're good with barre chords). The only tricky part is getting his strumming patterns down, but once you learn one the rest are a cake walk.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

For me it was Immigrant Song by Zeppelin.

First riff was a one finger Smoke On The Water thing, next was probably Heartbreaker...and then I wrote my own song. Some weird eastern sounding thing.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

My first was AC/DC - Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution. I always loved the riff in that song so I went there first. Then I moved on to AC/DC - Safe in New York City.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

When I got a guitar I went straight for the easiest riffs imaginable: namey Smoke on the Water and Seven Nation Army. I remember feeling really chuffed... and these riffs were both on one string :? .

First actual song... it was, embarassingly, Rise by Gabrielle. My guitar teacher said it was the perfect beginner's song. Just GDCC if I remember correctly. House of the Rising Sun followed closely, although the F took my yonks to learn. Scarborough Fair was another early one too. The first picking song I learn was probably Stairway to Heaven. I just had to learn it.

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

same here bana, smoke on the water and dirty deeds

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4