Footswitch Cable

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I am trying to find a longer cable for the footswitch for my Traynor amp. The original cable is about 10' long and has male 1/4 inch ends on each side. I need a cable about twice that long but I have tried using instrument cables with male ends and it doesnt seem to switch the amp from clean to distortion. Does it require a special cable? I am not sure what is wrong.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Hey Jim, see if the original was a TRS (aka stereo or balanced) cable. I'm looking at a picture of a Vox footswitch and it seems they use TRS cables for theirs, so maybe yours needs to be too.

Difference between TRS and mono plugs:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey man.. fantastic.. That was it. I compared the cables I have been trying to use to the one that came with it. The one that came with it is a TRS.. I never noticed.

Thanks

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

TRS extension cables can also be called "stereo headphone extension cables", if you don't have a proper music shop close to you. :wink:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote