Clear all

For anyone who ever thought of buying a guitar from an info

38 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

For anyone who ever thought of buying a guitar from an infomercial. Check this out. It's horrific if not incredibly amusing. Love the one about the bird house.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Esteban/Burswood-Acoustic-01.html

For the record. I work for a major retail outlet in Canada and one of our buyers brought one of these in from China.(Don't know what he was thinking) I guess the profit margin is good. Anyway, I tried it. Although it seemed ok, it felt like it was made of cardboard. Scary product.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

(@purplefenderstrat)
Trusted Member

i almost thought about buying that..ive seen the infomercial a million time..thats my thing i stay up antil 4 in the morning watching info mercial and playing my guitar..its just what i do...but im not buying it now! thanks man!!

"im the one who has to die when its time for me to die..so let me live my life, the way i want to.."-Jimi Hendrix-If 6 was 9

Paul Y Howdilly doodily neigborini!!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

How can you go wring with a guitar that is guaranteed to last as long as the glue... :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Pup
(@pup)
Estimable Member

well what do you expect?? IT'S MADE IN CHINA! everything that comes out of China is a piece of crap. every guitar i have ever seen that was made in China was a total piece of doo doo :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Just because it is made in China means nothing. However, anyone who is lame enough to buy a guitar just because of some some cheesy TV channel clip is so horrendously stupid that I have severe difficulties feeling even remotely sorry for any of them.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Since Paul lives in Beijing, I guess that means that this site comes from China...

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@shabu)

i like this post

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

haha, nice david.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

well what do you expect?? IT'S MADE IN CHINA! everything that comes out of China is a piece of crap. every guitar i have ever seen that was made in China was a total piece of doo doo :shock:

(Pilot eyeballs his Epiphone acoustic)

I'm quite pleased with my *gasp* "Made in China" Epi. It's a very solid guitar, plays quite well, has excellent action, great sustain, and a nice rich tone. The finish on it is beautiful as well...it looks as good as it sounds. It's not a Martin or a Taylor, of course, but I'd say it's far from doo doo. I'd even go as far as saying it's a very, very nice guitar, and it only cost me $120.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I have to agree. There are plenty of decemt products made in China. A lot of good guitars come from there. Also some really decent microphones and not to mention about 30 percent or more of electronics, specifically computer components, are made in China. This just happens to be one particular product which is terribly skimped on. I bet even the cheesy bolero hat is made in China.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

What about all the little children that are made in China?

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@argus)
Reputable Member

Cardboard.

ReplyQuote
(@bojack)
Trusted Member

I got one of those when they first started showing that commercial. It was $100 for just the guitar and it wasn't too bad. Of course I had to do quite a bit of work to get it to sound and play nicely but still, I think it was worth what I paid for.

That said, you're still better off spending another $100 and getting a much better quality guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Cardboard.

So that's why you only see them from one side. If they turned a little, they'd all be exposed as cardboard cutouts.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You know, cardboard children would be much easier to take care of....

You would have to keep them out of the rain though.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3