Notifications
Clear all

For anyone who ever thought of buying a guitar from an info

38 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Well I was geting ready to leave after one of my guitar lessons and the person after me came in with this guitar that looked like cardboard. Being the nice person I am I was talking with the person before they left and found out that it was one of those Estabon infomercial guitars. The next week I asked my guitar teacher about that guitar. He said he dreaded lessons with that person because he knew that he would spend the whole time trying to keep the Estabon guitar in tune. lol

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I've seen the commercials, too, and find them convincing. Remember before you started playing? When you thought even $100 for a guitar was too much? I do. But I also know that you get what you pay for. The thing that made me post is hearing the comments of how bad the thing is. If that's true, it's an injustice to sell them. Think about how many kids will buy the junko, try to play for a couple of weeks, then quit because of the instrument. Sad. I hope Esteban can sleep at night knowing he's making his house payment by making wanna-be guitar players fail. :twisted:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I've seen those infomercials, too. What's funny is that in the entire infomercial they talk about how great the amp is and make a big deal out of the overdrive button. But in the entire commercial they only use it once for 5 seconds and it doesn't sound too great.

And if you look real close at the amp, it looks like it's about a 3 inch speaker.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Come on now. Do they even make 3 inch speakers? I'm sure it's 4 inches. Did you like the psuedo solo that the great Esteban played? Ugh! It made me embarrassed to claim to be a guitarist.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I was digging into Gnoise posts and found this amazingly hilarious... :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Well jeez, now that a year old post is back up, I agree, that is very funny. And for the person who said everything that comes out of Chine is crap, well, he's obviously upset because he was fooled into buying one of those, and he's too embaressed to say he did... 8) China is actually a decent place to make a sub-200 guitar.Then its Korea/Mexico, then Japan, and then the good ol' USA! :roll: Does Anyone think that a MIK guitar that is 500 dollars is half as good as a 1000 dollar USA guitar? No, of course not, the MIK may not be the same, but its not worth spending twice as much money on a guitar that's a little better (At least that's my opinion, for people who have that kinda money, it's obviosly gonna be different... ) And the guy in the review who said Esteban was a nobody, that's not true!!! He has his own website! :lol: http://www.estebanmusic.com/ Notice he sales his guitars on his own website! :shock: :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Everybody was kung fu fighting.Those kids were fast as lightening.
- Carl Douglous (Cool bass guitar in this song) :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Oh yeah, adding on to my comment about how Chinese guitars are not poo... Take Alverez for instance... Top class guitars for the price... Just my opinion...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3