For You 7 String Fa...

Notifications
Clear all

For You 7 String Fans

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just saw this Agile Septor 7 String guitar at Rondo. I couldn't imagine learning all the new chord possiblities since I can'r play 1/8 of the chords on a 6 string!

(@Anonymous)

Here is the Agile Interceptor 7 String which seems to have a few extras compared to the above.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I thought at first that the headstock is backwards but now I see that it's got a "reverse headstock", I wonder what the purpose of that is?

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ok ..now its decided ...the day i arrive at new york , the first thing i am gonna do is to hark off mikespe to rondo (its in nj right ? )...get a couple of lefty guitars and play them till my fingers get red :twisted: :lol:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I'm not getting a 7 string til I grow another finger BUT those shure are PURTY. :shock:

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I thought about getting a 7-string. I tried one and loved the sound of that low A...B.....whatever that string is called.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I thought about getting a 7-string. I tried one and loved the sound of that low A...B.....whatever that string is called.

If you tuned it to standard tuning it would be B, but if you play a drop tuning, it would be A. I think I'd sooner get a bass guitar before a 7-string, but it seems like a pretty cool instrument.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Wasn't it Steve Vai who really made the 7 string popular? I thought when he was with Whitesnake in the 80's is when he began using the 7 string?

ReplyQuote
(@tkn_dk)
Trusted Member

I find that I make enough mistakes with only 6 strings. I don't think I should be allowed to have any more. Nice guitar tho.

All I want is food and creative love.

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Vai did use a 7 string a lot, still does. Petrucci with Dream Theater did too. I was going to make a stab at learing the intro to "Change of Seasons" until about 10 seconds in I realized I was missing a string. :lol:

I actually think that a lot of the newer metal acts use them. Korn comes to mind.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Vai used and uses them. Korn and some of the other "Nu-metal" bands use them. I have played Vai's Jem 7 and it is truly one awesome guitar. The deep rythym sound you can get is why they are popular with the metal guys.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote