Clear all

Free Recording Software

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I am currently using Gold Wave to record some simple things at home. But it's got 1 major flaw, it can only play one track at a time. I'm hoping that someone in guitar noise knows of a preferably free program that records music and can play more than one track at the same time. I know I am probably asking for too much, especially for $0.00 but if you know anything, please help me out.
Thanks

(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Sure, audacity is what I and many others here use. And it's simpler to use than Goldwave, but the noise filtering isn't as good.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Yeah, Audicity is good. Also check out the freebies section of the forums.
:)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Audacity seems good so far, but using seems odd to me. If i record a track, and want to record over it. WHen I click on that track, and clcik record, it immediately starts a new track and plays back my old one. Can someone tell me how to use this. (I checked the program's website, tutoraisl, not very helpful)

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Well, if you didn't like your last track you can just hit the little X and get rid of it. And I think there's an option somewhere to not have the last track play back for you. Can't remember where, though. Poke around.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

any idea how to get this to work with guitar port?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@yellow_tangerine)
Eminent Member

Audacity seems good so far, but using seems odd to me. If i record a track, and want to record over it. WHen I click on that track, and clcik record, it immediately starts a new track and plays back my old one. Can someone tell me how to use this. (I checked the program's website, tutoraisl, not very helpful)

To the left of the little track box, where you see the wave, is a button you can hit to mute it while you record a new track. Oldly, it's called mute :lol:

Also, it is helpful to hear your old track while you record, to stay at the same tempo and all. Just pop your headphones in and listen to the track while only recording the new music with the mic, and not the old.

If you don't know where you're going,
Any road will take you there

ReplyQuote
(@the_fifth_beatle)
Trusted Member

Has anyone had any success laying down digital drum tracks with audacity? I managed to export from 'Hammerhead' then import but its a bit long winded- any other ideas?

Also I cant seem to get the VST plug-ins to work...

stop...i have found a genius...stop...

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Has anyone had any success laying down digital drum tracks with audacity? I managed to export from 'Hammerhead' then import but its a bit long winded- any other ideas?

Also I cant seem to get the VST plug-ins to work...

Have you downloaded the VST enabler?

ReplyQuote
(@the_fifth_beatle)
Trusted Member

Yeah ive got that...when i try to use them I keep getting a big grey dialogue box with various sliders but they dont seem to do anything, although it may just be me being impatient.

stop...i have found a genius...stop...

ReplyQuote