Clear all

Frustrated Lefty

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@templeton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Having been playing on my brothers old guitar for the last six months I thought i'd treat myself to a new one as it is falling to bits and not worth repairing.
Anyway I made my mind up on a Cort M600 guitar and went to order it,unfortunateley with it been out of stock at the distributors no matter where I go it will take 3 months to get in stock.
So 3 months is a long time to wait having only been playing a short while i'm at the stage where I want to practice everyday so having to wait 3 months seems like a lifetime.
Basically I was after advice on an alternative purchase, being in the UK and also being left-handed means the choice is somewhat limited.My friends have the typical standard strat or Epiphne LP so I fancied something at bit different.My budget is £350-400 and i'll be playing<SMashing Pumpkins,REM,Pixies aswell as Beatles and Bob Dylan.

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Have you looked here?

http://www.lefthandedguitars.co.uk/acatalog/

ReplyQuote
(@templeton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yes i've had a look there and at Regent guitars but i'm not to keen on ordering a guitar off the internet, had a bad experience last time.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Oh, I hear ya. Maybe someone from your neighbourhood will post - I'm way over here in California.

Tucker knows a lot of stores.

ReplyQuote
(@templeton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

It's not really a shop i'm after as my local shop says they can order most brands in, I was after a model that I could then ask them to order for me.
The shop recommended as an alterntive a Prs style model by a brand called Indie who I can't seem to find much info about not even on Harmony Central also another local shop has a Tokai Les Paul style one for £350 but again can't find much info.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Those Tokai LP's are supposed to be pretty sweet guitars. If it's a lefty you should definately look into it.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@rosinante)

you can order one to make it left handed. its worth the wait

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Or you could get a strat and flip it like hendrix did! :D

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@templeton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

you can order one to make it left handed. its worth the wait

Do you mean order the Tokai left-handed because if so the shop already have it in l/h aswell as a Tokai SG l/h so i'm going to go test them over the weekend, but thanks anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member

I live in the Philippines so it is even harder for me to get a left handed guitar.

I bought a cheap clone and flipped it to Left Handed until I went to the USA on a business trip and then bought 2 LH guitars.

Don't know if the same option is open to you - get something and flip it (maybe second hand) and then order the guitar you want. You might find it worth the wait.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Dean makes some nifty left-handed guitars. Check their catalogue at http://www.deanguitars.com

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Yes Arjen, gotta love those Deans. I like the way they make them and their set up and Grover tuners. I think I am going to sell off a couple other guitars I am not happy with and get another Dean.

But it looks like they cut down on their lefty production. Seems they no longer make the upgraded avalanche in quilted maple or the Vendetta hardtail. There are still Dealers who have them though I have seen on e-bay, no bargain prices, just the standard going rate with a buy it now option.

A Schector Omen 6 is another guitar I hear nothing but good things about. I just lost out on one on ebay yesterday that was hardly used and could have had it for $100 under regular cost and been happy but...sometimes I just don't bid quite high enough, always looking for that awesome deal to get me jumping up and down. Sort of a hobby. There will be another down the road.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Joseph: Dean cancelled the entire Avalanche line, not just the lefty version. Instead they launched some new lines, pretty much all humbucker. The only non humbucking guitars are now the tele-like Nashville and the P90 equipped semi-hollowbodies.

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

ReplyQuote
(@templeton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm in West Yorkshire.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2