Clear all

gap photo take 2

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i originally posted this in the repair section but figured it may get some input here...

hi i have no digital camera but after a bit of grief, (i won't go into it), i have located a close up photo of what i have been referring to, same model, same year, brand new, (it's a display photo for a music store)...and i was wondering if i could get a few comments on it...i am wondering about the bass side (which you can see, by clicking on the photo itself to enlarge it, and scrolling towards the neck), there is a little gap similar to the one one mine, on the bass side of the neck pocket... both are american strats...the bottom part of the gap (by the 22nd and 21st fret), does go past the pick guard and fits about 2 sheets of writing paper in it or rather the corners of the paper in it...the treble side of pocket seems quite snug however.

By looking at the enlarged photo, what do you think? , is it uncommon, or just one of those things?...i find the guitar plays well, good action and is quite loud acoustically...the neck has been adjusted slightly since i bought it, (i wish i could remember what it looked like before), by the store that did the setup.

As i mentioned this is from another music store advertsising their newer strats for sale (if it is such a big defect one wonders why they would coose that specific guiatr for the photo, esp. wth the close up shot included, but who knows).

any constructive input is welcome...thank you

(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I don't understand the question. Is it a gap in the actual neck pocket (between the neck and the side of the neck pocket) or is a gap between the neck and the pickguard?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I think he's referring to the gap in the bass side of the neck (around the 21 and 22nd fret) and the pickguard.

Imo, its just a cosmetic defect (if at all defect) and you should not bother much if its playing nicely and feels sturdy, everytime you pick it up.

If you are in doubt, have no fear calling up Fender Support.

Good Luck and congrats on having a MIA strat.

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Sito said that the gap does go past the pick guard, but if the clearance is only two sheets of paper I would guess that was within normal tolerence. As long as the guitar can be properly intonated and the neck is straight and tight I wouldn't worry aobut it. Remember it is a bolt on neck and not a set neck.

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

so nobody thinks that gap (which is not just the pickguard), is unacceptable? for an american strat?...i mean not too extreme...i don't find it effectng the playing but for me it's more a quality issue on a high end guitar and it could effect resale too...unless of course this is mild case.

ReplyQuote