GAS ALERT!!!! Newest Member of the Epi Valve Jr Club

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dagwood)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yup.... I couldn't "HEP" myself.

A while back I saw a STOOPID Deal of the day for $199 for an Epi Valve Jr and an Epi G-310 SG Black and I well

Couldn't......control.... the..... (Hmmmmppffffff)....... G-A-S!!! :oops: :oops:

Sort of a Birthday present to myself, along with a 19" widescreen lcd monitor for my 'puter system.

It came the other day and I'll tell ya what, this thing is a ROCKET!!

And I love this SG too.

The Amp is only 5 watts, but its a TOOB!!! :) The speaker needs some serious break in but I'll have fun annoying the neighbor's cats for a few days. I'm very very impressed with this 'lil-thing'.

The SG is a great buy as well. Yeah its a ply-wood body and bolt-on neck and the frets need some work. I had to set it up a little better, but right out of the box the action was not bad at all. I really like the sound of this guitar, in all my amps and my GT-8 too :) Its crafted well and for the $$$ its a perfect gem. Also if I bang on it or rough it up a little bit I won't feel so bad, even though I take very good care of my equipment.

The other bits that came with the 'starter-pack' are fine, the strap is leather and I think its a keeper. The gig bag is very nice and comes with those 'back-pack' straps.

Anyhoo I thought I'd share, if you see another one of these Epi Starter Packs go on sale with the Valve Jr... jump on it. Its a great buy!!! :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! I've never messed with that amp, but I always hear positive things about it. The cheap SG is quite a surprise, eh? I was shocked last year when I was test driving amps. Grabbed one off the wall and it played really well.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the club Dagwood! 8)

I've had my Epi Valve Jr head for awhile now & LOVE it! 8) I made a cab for it out of a broken Fender parctice amp I had that has a good 12" speaker in it.

Enjoy my friend! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote