67 Posts
31 Users
0 Reactions
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Sigh.

I can't believe this happened. After my month of medical procedures I really thought I had cleaned out my system. I was sorely mistaken.

I thought I was getting the flu a few weeks ago but it turned out to be serious GAS. I had to return to the place where GAS has been occuring to find out just how serious this was. It was worse than I thought.

After coming to and finding my surroundings had a sudden change of scenery, I thought I should take some pictures to prove what had occured. What do you think?

That case is so plush I think I might try sleeping in it. :mrgreen:

I think I did alright. This guitar plays like a dream. I got 15% off the sales price. I finally own a Gibby.

I did what everyone here says to do. I played everything I had my eye on. From the $800 mahogany Studio up to a $3000 custom. I even went home empty handed the first night to see which one my mind went back to.

I now understand the different necks that Les Pauls have. I'm told they have 3 neck styles. '50's, '59's and '60's. Mine has the '59 neck. And the sustain and tone are uh :shock: amazing. I'm very please with this gem.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

very nice axe, Bish. enjoy it!

one q: why the pic of the neck joint?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

OH man..that's a Beauty !!! :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

one q: why the pic of the neck joint?

Interesting question. A friend recently sold an ESP on my behalf on eBay and he insisted on a neck joint pic too.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@viper)
Eminent Member

Beautiful guitar, not my favorite style of wood though, too light for my tastes, but the back and hardware is truly beautiful.
Maybe you can post some sound clips. :wink:

Ibanez RG3EXFM1

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not sure why the neck joint picture, either. I see others have them so I didn't want to seem left out? LOL.

As far as the shade of the top....as with most camera's with the flash, it is brighter than in real life...but not by much. ;)

The grain stands almost at attention in the right natural lighting. If we ever get a sunny day around here, I'll try to get an outdoor shot or two.

I'll post some sound clips shortly. Still getting used to the tones and what settings sound what.

Bish

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

The top is nice but the back is incredible beautiful! Even I can feel that wood in the picture! :shock:

Bish, congrats on that new beauty! :D

Have fun!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

:shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Wow, that's beautiful, congrats! Of course, you understand that I'm no longer talking to you for reasons of jealousy and spite? :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice Bish! 8) Congrats on your 1st Gibby! :D Enjoy.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Oh Man! When you have GAS, you have some SERIOUS GAS. I don't suspect we'll see this one in the Swap Meet anytime soon, eh?

Congrats and enjoy man!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Now in Peppermint!
(the perfect stocking stuffer}

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, guys. I had a real late night last night, tired as I was I just couldn't stop testing this baby out.

Oh Man! When you have GAS, you have some SERIOUS GAS. I don't suspect we'll see this one in the Swap Meet anytime soon, eh?

Congrats and enjoy man!

hahah, no you will NOT see this one or at this point any other guitar (of mine) in the swap meet. After almost 3 years of trial and error, I've found my guitars. I like my Ibanez alot, I'm happy with my Fender Deluxe, REAL happy with my PRS and SUPER Happy with this Gibby. I've covered the MAJOR brands and styles (I like) and that are very common and have a model that suites my tastes and playing ability...well okay they are way more guitar than I will ever master but I enjoy playing each one in its own right.

Now I need to hover in the On line Jams and stay busy. I've missed this place and guitaring due to my rigorous band schedule the first 2/3rds of this year. I'm glad I'm finally in a band that relaxes.

Merry Christmas everyone. 8)

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

now put down the camera and go enjoy that beautiful guitar.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I hate you! ..... Not really, but that puts my LP Studio to shame. I love the natural top with the flame. They are amazimg instruments. I like the aged look of the MOP as well. A fine axe indeed. 8) Mine is black with gold hardware and an ebony board. Mine is a 1992 .. it's getting old. :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5