Clear all

GAS is Contagious

15 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ahem Mikespe, yes you Mikespe if you're reading this. and you too, Elektrablue with your pink pretty Daisy Rock....

Since all your purchases and pictures I've been thinking of just about every guitar that I want lately and today I saw a beautiful white used Daisy Rock hollowbody 12 STRING at Guitar Center for only $175. It was fabulous but sadly they wouldn't take a down payment on a used item and I now have to figure out how to come up with the cash. Any other time wouldn't be a problem but right now I have no extra $. I doubt that it's going to stay there very long. I played it and it was incredible.

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Aye, it is indeed. I'm skint, have been constantly for months, and don't see it getting better any time soon... and yesterday I was searching for 12 string acoustics on Ebay :roll:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Ahem Mikespe, yes you Mikespe if you're reading this. and you too, Elektrablue with your pink pretty Daisy Rock....

Since all your purchases and pictures I've been thinking of just about every guitar that I want lately and today I saw a beautiful white used Daisy Rock hollowbody 12 STRING at Guitar Center for only $175. It was fabulous but sadly they wouldn't take a down payment on a used item and I now have to figure out how to come up with the cash. Any other time wouldn't be a problem but right now I have no extra $. I doubt that it's going to stay there very long. I played it and it was incredible.

MAN! I get blamed for EVERYTHING! :wink:

On a side note...are these Daisy Guitars any good? I have seen several on eBay a great prices (Hint Hint!) However UGLY colors! :P

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

this one was white and i loved it. it had an f-hole of one side. i think it sells for around $350 new.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I LOVE my Daisy Rock! Most people don't realize that Daisy Rock is made by Schecter. They are simply Shecter guitars, slightly scaled down to fit smaller hands and the colors are the way they are to appeal to women. Therefore, they are, technically speaking, Lady Schecter's! And they don't all come in pastel colors or shaped like butterflies or flowers (which are marketed toward teen and tween girls). Is this the one you were looking at, Kat?

If it is, it's the white version of the one I've got! Except the pink one comes with the mother of pearl estrogen symbol at the 12th fret. I'm really glad you got to plug it in and play! They play beautifully! I really like the low, fast action and the tone is just so full and bright! If you can get it for $175.... GET IT! You'll be getting a helluva deal!

:D

OH! Here are the specs...........

CONSTRUCTION: Bolt-On
BODY: Basswood, Semi-Hollow
NECK: Rock Maple
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
FRET: 22 Medium
SCALE: 24 3/4”
INLAY: Dots*
BRIDGE: Tune-O-Matic w/Stopbar
TUNERS: Grover
BINDING: Crème (Black on White Pearl)
HARDWARE: Chrome
PICKUPS: Vintage Mini-Humbuckers
ELECTRONICS: Master Volume, Master Tone Tap**, 3-Way Selector
STRINGS: D'Addario EXL 150
FINISH: White Pearl, Metallic Pink

*SPECIAL EDITION PINK FEATURES THE DAISY ESTROGEN SYMBOL 12TH FRET MARKER.

**A PUSH-PULL TONE CONTROL “TAPS” THE HUMBUCKERS
ADDING TO THE SONIC VERSATILITY.

One more thing............ It weighs 7 lbs. 6 oz.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Maybe this should be in The Other Side Forum...

Runs and hides from flying frying pans!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :wink: :wink: :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

No........... these are guitar players discussing guitars! It's exactly where it should be!

**Says "Forget frying pans!" and let's her sledge hammer fly!**

(( Just kidding! But it IS in the correct forum!)) :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I've played several Daisy's and the sound on them is phenomenal I'd have no problem playing the pink one, heck Fenders got a pink paisley I've seen a couple of heavy duty blues guys play. I do however draw the line at the Heart or Flower model :oops:

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Electra: My favourite guitar is a short scale, maybe I should break out the mini-skirts? :mrgreen:

Art: Pink I could live with, but not paisley :D

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Electra: My favourite guitar is a short scale, maybe I should break out the mini-skirts? :mrgreen:

LOL! If you do, be sure to post a picture!! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

UPDATE: I found some cash, (which I'll have to pay back in two weeks!.) It's like new. Not a scratch on this thing. I thought they mixed up the used one with the new one they had. It's exactly the same. It even still has the sticker on the back. I'm sitting here now playing it and it sounds fabulous!.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! :D I would have hated for you not to get it!!!!! Isn't that sound absolutely beautiful??!!!!!!! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It's just a very fun and easy guitar to play with a good neck, good looks and best of all 12 STRINGS!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

What's wrong with pink? Pink is a very pretty color.

Besides, I found the perfect outfit to go with that pink guitar. I like the butterfly wings too.

Just kidding, if these guitars are made by Schecter, then they are good quality.

Congrats on that new guitar, looks good to me.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

LOL! :D Silly Side Note: When I went into the shop to buy my pink one I didn't realize, but the clerk noticed and brought to my attention, the fact that my shoes matched the guitar perfectly! Then and there I knew it was fate! LOL! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote