Clear all

GASing quelled...for now.

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@cobra22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

My friends older brother had a Squire Stratocaster sitting in the corner of his room, not doing anything with is, so I asked him if he would give it too me. Well I bought some new strings for it and it sounds great sitting in my room now. I love getting sweet hook ups like that. But now I have a question to go along with my new guitar. What is a decent amp to put next to it. I don't want too much some where in the 150 USD. I have heard very little about amps, being mainly an acoustic player. So any help would be great.

I am addicted to the guitar, just like I am addicted to air and water.

(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I would recomend a VOX 15w Valvetronix amp. It's about 170 new but it's a nice little practice amp, I've got one.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

My friends older brother had a Squire Stratocaster sitting in the corner of his room, not doing anything with is, so I asked him if he would give it too me.

That is awsome!! Congrats. Hum, trying to think of friends I might have with a guitar sitting around doing nothing.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Free guitars are always nice! I would recomend the Vox also. I don't own one, but I've played them a bit, and for the price they sound great. Just go to your local store and play some amps. You'll find the one you want. Good luck,
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Aside from the Vox, I would recommend the Roland Cube 15. Runs about $90 new and it has 4 different distortion models. A greatt little amp and LOUD.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'd probably tell ya to go with the Roland MicroCube. Great little amp and runs $125 most places.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@cobra22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the input. I have been looking at the roland micro cube. I think that looks nice. Does anybody else have any ideas about it?

I am addicted to the guitar, just like I am addicted to air and water.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've got a 15W cube amp, sounds great to me - dunno what features the micro cube has, but hell it's cheap enough.....

You'll find though, if you buy a Squier Strat starter pack, you'll get a Fender Frontman 15G amp with it - very nice clean, pretty decent gain.....I was quite happy with mine till I bought the cube....but the Frontman is a decent practise amp for the price.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

basicly the microcube has the same features as the larger cubes. it's just smaller. oh and if you can afford large amounts of AA bateries you can use the amp wherever u want. :wink:

the effects on it aren't bad. but then again I'm no expert on effects. however if you wanted to get the same thing in effects pedals(no actual comparison of quality here just cost of the cheapest example) it would be at least 80 bucks. so in my opinion it's worth it. and it's less to carry.

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

You'll find though, if you buy a Squier Strat starter pack, you'll get a Fender Frontman 15G amp with it - very nice clean, pretty decent gain.....I was quite happy with mine till I bought the cube....but the Frontman is a decent practise amp for the price.

I have a Frontman 15. Fills my needs. Two channels w/footswitch, spring reverb. Dunno what else I should need. ... Use it w/headphones most of the time anyway.

Lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote