Clear all

Gear Settings Thread

12 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well, I came up with the brilliant idea while on the john today to start this thread. A lot of us have Amps and Pedals, and I thought why not create a database of settings that we find to share with everyone? If everyone pitches in this could be a great resource.

So Here's the First Contribution:

Behringer GMX212 Analog Modeling Amp

British Rock Setting:
Amp Model: British (duh :D)
Mode: Hot or Hi Gain, depending on what you want, I prefer Hot
Speaker: UK
Drive: 10 (Use your volume knob for gain control, it seems to sound better that way)
Low: 8
Mid: 5
High: 7
FX Preset: 4
FX Level: 20
Presence: 4, but change this before messing with eq.

Lenny Setting: (I think this sounds just like SRV with Single Coils for his song Lenny) I like using this for my blues stuff)
Amp Model: Tweed
Mode: Clean
Drive: 6
Low: 8
Mid: 3
High: 7
Presence: 4, but change this before messing with eq.

Metal Setting: (This Amp can really push some air, everyone and while I slip into drop c and play a metal core riff or two.
Amp Model: British
Drive: 10
Low: 10
Mid: 1
High: 10
Presence: 7, but change this before messing with eq.

Lets go, I wanna see Vox Valvetronix, Roland Microcubes, and Tubescreamer settings ASAP. This could be a great project. Pitch in!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Epi Valve Jr. Head

Power: On

Volume: Cranked

8)

Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol:

Good idea. Here are some of my fav pedals & settings:

ElectroHarmonix Small Clone:

Depth switch: down position

Rate: 5

Arion Tubulator:

Level: 7

Tone: 6

Dist.:6

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Brilliant idea, Duffmaster! I've only got a 10W Park practise amp at the moment, I'm picking up a Micro cube next week - soon as I've had a play with it, I'll pitch in!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Amp: Roland 15W Cube
Bass- 9
Middle- 8
Treble- 2
Volume- 2 (I play louder when I'm home alone though)

Distortion: Digitech Hot Head
Level- 5
Low- 7
High- 4
Gain- Depends on how much gain I need or want

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

This thread is a great idea. :) But it would be even better if it could have three things:

a) Some kind of index system. After a few posts this kind of thread can get very hard to wade through.

b) Sound clips.

c) A rating system. Do other people think that a particular setting actually does what the poster claims, or have they missed the mark?

There are a few sites around that offer this kind of info, and it can save a lot of time if you can can go fairly quickly to a setting that has a reasonably chance of actually being what you're looking for. Of course that's a big ask, and maybe not practical here, especially if the idea is just to have some fun posting and chatting rather than to really build a long term database of some sort.

This has been posted here many times before by others, but here's a bunch of setting for Vox amps:

Settings at ValvetronixNet

And a general chat about setting up Processors and amps that I just Googled up. Might be handy.

Setting tute by 'Sean'

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@jeremyd)
Reputable Member

I use a Randall RX30 ive never paid attention to how i tweak the eq i just feel it out till it sounds like what im shooting for i dont have a standard setting for my sound.. being as though i havent found it yet!

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

If you have a Digi-tech RP80 or RP50, you should bookmark this website:

RP80 Patch Library

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I have a Marshall MG15DFX. For blues or solo with a 'jazzy' tone:
Channel: Clean
Bass: 5/10
Contour: 8.5/10
Treble: 3.5/10

And a 'bluesy' tone using the overdrive channel:
Channel: Overdrive
Gain: 1/10 - 2/20
Bass: 5/10
Contour: 8.5/10
Treble: 3.5/10

I also play with the knobs and pickups in my LP and use a little of reverb and sometimes chorus but more for rhythm guitar.

For a Zoom G2 patches, this is the site: http://zoom.haax.se/

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Brilliant idea. I can not contribute since I have just purchased my 1st electric guitar and amp. HOWEVER, I would love to read this thread and get some input on a Marshall DSL 401.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Fun. I'll see if I can record some quick clips tomorrow plus their settings. :)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I like tons of Mids for my tone no matter what amp I'm using. For my Marshall DSL401 and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe typical tone settings for me are:

Bass- 3-4
Treble- 6-7
Mids- 9-10 (maxed out)

Years ago a very good guitarist told me you have to have lots of Mids. I have found this to be true. You see lots of players using "scooped mids". This is great for rhythm guitar, but lousy for lead. It will get completely lost in the mix, you won't hear it at all. To be heard in a mix you have to boost your mids. These are the best frequencies for electric guitar.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Here a clip recorded with my 3/4 size 40+ year old guitar, neck pup, into AmpliTube 2.

Track #1
Fender clean
Master 10 (no gain knob availlable)
Bass/Mids/Treble/presence: 5/5/8/8
Some mild reverb added

Track #2
Vox AC30TB
Master 10 (no gain availlable)
Bass/Mids/Treble/presence: 5/5/8/5
Some mild reverb added

Track #3
Marshall overdriven model
Master 10
Gain 4
Bass/Mids/Treble/presence: 5/8/6/6
Some mild reverb and delay added

You can listen to it here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=361288&songID=5426211

ReplyQuote