Notifications
Clear all

getting New Guitar, Now The Choices :)

20 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Yes, really, I'm not kidding. Lighter fluid.

The thing with Washburns is you absolutely have to play them. Generally I'm not that leary of buying a guitar online, but the tone quality and construction quality of Washburn seems to swing more than any guitar I know.

My Washburn is an 80s model I think, and it's great. However I've played some that are complete garbage.

ReplyQuote
(@hawken)
Trusted Member

Don't you think he should just try some guitar polish and a soft cloth on the neck then perhaps some lemon oil on the fingerboard before resorting to lighter fluid? I would want to avoid that stuff based on smell alone.

Back to the topic at hand...I recently purchased a S6 Cedar Top Cutaway from Seagull and have been very pleased with it. I don't know if it is the case with all Seagulls but mine has a slightly fatter neck than your standard dreadnought. I like it, I feel that it makes fingerpicking a little easier and I still have no problems with any chords. Just something to keep in mind.

Sounds like money is a major concern here though. In my opinion you're going to be hard pressed to get more bang for your buck than Seagull can give you.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It's sticky stuff on the neck unless I misread.

Lighter fluid will cut through it and dissapate. Lemon oil tends to hang around.

Besides, I've seen more sticky messes caused by lemon oil than cured by it.

ReplyQuote
(@alfonso)

And BTW the Seagull M6 is awesome . I've got one and my only complaint is that the neck has become sticky over time. ANybody have a suggestion for this?
Yeah,
Wash your hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@paco123)

I have a seagull and have had the same problem...it was however
due to have bug lotion..muskoil..on my hands...a big no no. The
back of the neck is down to bare would in spots. I emailed Lasido
(the company who make seagulls, godins, art and luthier and simon and
patrick) and they responded with suggestions on how to refinish the
neck.
As for the Canadian govt subsidising this company...no way...only
large bankrupt airlines....there's lots of wood up in these here woods.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2