Clear all

GFS crunchy rails

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@benpari)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I don't know how many people play metal on these forums, but anyways I just installed a GFS crunchy rails in my Jackson rr3 a week ago. In the time I have had to mess around with it I am more then impressed. Previously my RR3 had a Duncan detonator, which sounded pretty muddy on the low end but still had an incredible crunch. The crunchy rails has the same awesome crunch of the detonators but also has clarity for individual notes even played through my vox ad15vt. The low end is drastically improved, and when your playing through an 8 inch speaker muddiness from the pickups is the last thing you need.

I highly recommend these if you need an awesome aggressive pickup and dont have the money for EMGs.

(@97reb)
Noble Member

Did you put them in the neck and bridge or just one spot? Anyway, good info, thanks.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Can you pull pinch harmonics out easily with those?

ReplyQuote
(@benpari)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I put it in the bridge position.

Pinch harmonics are pretty easy to get out of the guitar when your amp has the gain and the treble all the way up, this doesnt sound terribly great but it gets the the point where you can cause pinch harmonics all over the place just by accident. My normal distorted play settings make pinch harmonics a bit of a challengh though, this is only slightly more of a challenge then it was with the detonators.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'm looking at getting some GFS humbuckers for my project guitar, not the same ones that you have, but they still have a pretty high output. I hear alot of good things about GFS gear, and this just helps me with my decision. Enjoy them man.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote