Notifications
Clear all

GFS Pickups in Guitar Player

35 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
10.2 K Views
(@Anonymous)

Well I finally upgraded to these pups and all I can say is WOW! These things made and AMAZING difference! However, I did take your advice and put them in my Squier instead of the Behringer (I figured I can put the Squier pups in the Behringer). Plus I did solder instead of just splice the wires (well I cut the wire and spliced them, added solder, then a wire cap. I have 2 recordings below...It's the song Sunshine of Your Love by Cream. The first one I did 4 days ago with the old pups and the second I just did quickly this morning. I left the settings the same on the V-Amp patch and I can hear a HUGE improvement in the tone!

Please let me know what you think!

Old Squier Pups

New GFS Pups

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

That did it, didn't it? :D :D :D

Even a bluebottle fly could tell the difference there - that's what I call a worthwhile mod 8) Congrats on taking the plunge...

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

I can tell that the two above files sound different, but having been brought up on a bad guitar with friends who also have bad guitars, I don't know why the second one is suposed to be better. (The second one sounds "cleaner"?)

What should I look out for/what words do you use to describe them?

(Excuse my ignorance :D )

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I can tell that the two above files sound different, but having been brought up on a bad guitar with friends who also have bad guitars, I don't know why the second one is suposed to be better. (The second one sounds "cleaner"?)

What should I look out for/what words do you use to describe them?

(Excuse my ignorance :D )

The old pups have more of a muddy sound where the crunch of the distortion is kind of blended. The new pups are hotter (louder & brighter) and the crunch of the distortion is MUCH clearer. Sometimes you might want a muddy sound but you can set that with your EQ & distortion pedal.

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

Ah.

Thanks.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3