Notifications
Clear all

Gibson Burstbucker

24 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

So how does the Epi sound with the Burstbuckers? Inquiring minds want to know!
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@coreyb)
Estimable Member

not near as good as one with 57' classics...that is if you like classic rock and early metal/alternative.

ReplyQuote
(@dcmarshall)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Sorry for the delay. It's still with the guitar shop. Should be getting it back this week (I hope, I'm getting anxious!). As soon as I do, I'll let you know!

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@dcmarshall)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well, the guitar is back in hand with the Burstbuckers installed. Now, I'm certainly not a good guitarist, but even I can tell the difference with the new pickups. A much better, fatter sound, but with none of the muddiness that came with the stock Epi pickups. And for a total of $200 (including installation), it was certainly well worth it. Well, now I'm off to practice so I can do my "new" guitar justice! Thanks for all the advice.

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Thanx Dave, glad to hear you are happy. I have been very pleased with all aspects of my Epi except what I hear as muddiness in the pickups at certain times. Will check into some Gibson pups but will also check the Classic 57's out.
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Robbie:

Of the two, I prefer the 57s. Both sound great, but the 57s are my personal preference for classic rock, etc.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Cool, Thanx will definitely look at the 57's..Classic Rock is my type of music as well as trying to pick up some blues ability.
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I have Gibson 57 Classics installed in my Epi LP and they turned a good guitar into a great guitar. I can't say enough great things about them. Burstbuckers I like as well, but like CFB, I prefer the sound of the 57's.

The 490's in my SG also sound great though! :)

Enjoy your "new" guitar!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I am seriously considering installing 57s in a 1991 Gibson LP Standard I recently got. Great guitar, but the tone is quite right - thinking the 57s might put this guitar in the "unbelievably" great instrument category.

Anybody ever try it?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2