Clear all

GiGs?????????????

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@death_to_theory)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey all this is my first post in this section of guitar noise and I have a couple of questions. First to start the ball rolling for me..........Me and my band Death_To_Theory We are looking for places to to perform....But there isnt much for a Band that is all Kids. All of us are either 14 or 15 and we cant get in a lot of places. Should we Just bring the people to us or should we look for them???

All suggestion would be greatly appriciated.....

Peace out  ;D

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

You need to get some buzz going by playing wherever you can.  Try school talent shows, graduation parties, wherever people can hear you play.  If you're good, people will start asking you to play other venues.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@death_to_theory)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

kool thnxs noteboat ;D

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Be on the look out for charity events as well. If, for instance, someone is hosting a 5K Run or something at your school, seek them out and ask if they'd like a band (for free, since it's charity). I've seen a lot of young bands in Chicago do this.

Peace

ReplyQuote
 P0RR
(@p0rr)
Estimable Member

around here there's a local cable access channel that lets anyone in the town have their own show. One is a variety show that has local musicians on. Maybe there's something like that down there in the swamps of Jersey.

One of the musicians on that variety show mentioned that she does a free monthly show at a nursing home.

Keep the faith.

ReplyQuote
(@death_to_theory)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thnxs for all your help i apprricaite cuz ive been lookin for ways to get people to notice us more and to buy r cd's but the charity event is a good idea i wouldn't mind doin somthin like that thnxs again all

peace out

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Yeah, the charity thing would be cool.  The chicks would think it doubly great of you.  A musician - cool.  A kind hearted guy - cool.  More ways to impress the ladies.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Radio stations might be another option.

ReplyQuote
(@danvan64)

If your demo tape sounds good you may get in. Wear sun Glasses .

ReplyQuote
(@ibnzmusician)
Eminent Member

Sun glasses for a radio station? Yeah, the listeners sure are gonna notice.  ;)

I guess you could also hold little free concert sort of things, if you have (for example) a park around where you live. Just make sure you have permission from whoever is in charge of that kind of stuff.

ReplyQuote