Clear all

Godin Guitar Strings??????

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@dylan6776)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone in the UK know where I can buy Godin Guitar strings? None of my local dealers sell them, and you can't even buy them over the net from Godin!!!

The only place I've seen them is a website in the States, and they want £10 to ship 'em!

If anyone knows of a UK website where I can purchase a set, I'd be grateful if you could post a link to it here.

Thanks.

Never assume the other fellow has intelligence equal to yours. He may have more.

(@dustdevil)
Estimable Member

Save yourself some money and trouble. They are repackaged D'Addarios. Check the ball end. They're colored.

Good luck.

John A.

They say only a pawnshop guitar can play the blues. An eBay one does it better. A guitar's bound to feel unloved if her owner plasters pictures of her over the internet for all to see and then sells her off to the highest anonymous bidder.

ReplyQuote
(@dylan6776)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Are you certain about that? I use D'add's (EJ16) all the time. When I got my S&P 6 a couple of months ago, it came fitted with Godin strings as standard. I took them off and they were all brass balled - no colours!

The reason I'm after a set (because, actually, I swear by D'adds!) is because they did suit my Simon & Patrick guitar. It sounded quite 'woody' with them on, and I liked it. Just can't get hold of 'em for love nor money!

Never assume the other fellow has intelligence equal to yours. He may have more.

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I would ask at the forum in my sig. I do believe they are rebranded as most strings are, but who knows.

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@dustdevil)
Estimable Member

Are you certain about that? I use D'add's (EJ16) all the time. When I got my S&P 6 a couple of months ago, it came fitted with Godin strings as standard. I took them off and they were all brass balled - no colours!

The reason I'm after a set (because, actually, I swear by D'adds!) is because they did suit my Simon & Patrick guitar. It sounded quite 'woody' with them on, and I liked it. Just can't get hold of 'em for love nor money!

Ok, I may have to back off that claim then with 100% certainty. What I'm basing my opinion on is:

1. A quote from the Seagull website:
"Strings - Guitar innovator Robert Godin united with the leading string manufacturer in the United States to create these outstanding strings. Each set has been selected for the best and most consistent sound. After all, great guitars demand great strings.

2. The picture on the website touts, "Environmentally friendly set. Uses 75% less packaging", which has been the D'Addario blurb almost word for word for the past few years.

3. Seems like we covered this before and the general consensus was they were D'Addario Phos. Bronze's. (Either here or another website.)

So I can't say I'm 100% sure. But I'm 95%. But I understand. Once you find a set of strings that work, it's hard to use anything else. Good luck and let the rest of us know what you find out.

John A.

They say only a pawnshop guitar can play the blues. An eBay one does it better. A guitar's bound to feel unloved if her owner plasters pictures of her over the internet for all to see and then sells her off to the highest anonymous bidder.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

And, Godin is listed under the "Partners" tab on the D'addario website ...

http://www.daddario.com/DADPartners.aspx?ID=2

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@dylan6776)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yikes! Hold on guys! I asked if anyone knew where I could buy some strings - and got an argument!! I just wanna buy a set of Godin strings; I don't care who makes 'em, where they come from, what Bill's auntie's mother's pet dog is up to..... (sigh)

ReplyQuote
(@dustdevil)
Estimable Member

Good luck in your search.

Maybe try a large Seagull dealer. They might send them some for restrings.

John A.

ReplyQuote