Clear all

going indie

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ikingtan)
Topic starter  

hello guys!

well, for those who might wanna know: indie= "independent", no record label but album is out anyways

this is my first time here. well getting straight to the point, i'm from the philippines and i'm in a band who wants to produce an independendent album. home recordings are spreading like wild fire and i guess i wanna learn from people who've produced or at least tried their own music already. i mean, how should i (we) go about with it?

thanks!
Godbless you all!

-ikingtan

...he is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose...

(@death_to_theory)
Trusted Member

well there 2 ways that i think r most effective u hire someone with the equipment or u buy all the shit urself that will cost a lot of money and record down in ur basement

in my opinion go for someone who knows what there doing with the equipment lol  ;D but neway if u just want to  make a demo or like a sample i used a 4 track recording system it cost about $200 almost its pretty useful though its not like ur only gonna use it once i use it all the time

peace out and good luck

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Totally off topic - but I just want to say I love the phillipines and want to go back as soon as I can (and Abu Shayiff, or whatever his name is, allows).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ikingtan)
Topic starter  

yo greybeard!

philippines is mighty fine, come anytime and visit!

by the way, you shouldn't really have to worry about the abu sayaff, they're not very active lately but i guess since elections is round the corner we'll be hearinf from them in a little bit, hehe. :) by the way, one of their high ranking officers nicknamed "commander robot" was caught and they had to amputate his leg i think because gangrene is all over it...

eniwei, thanks fo rthe replies. i just checked out hte articles under the carrers in music link and they pretty much helped. see y'all later fellas!

-ikingtan

...he is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose...

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I want to visit Bohol, but I think it might be a bit too close to Abu, particularly with elections coming up.
I could also live with a few more days in Manila. But NO Halo-Halo, no way.  :)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@storymwstring)
Eminent Member

Also considering this avenue... c'mon callouses, i need you!   :)

Anyone with some life experiences under their belt... who have worked in the business sector..have any suggestions on how to get started?

the time seems right....seems like music is saying  "Take me now or lose me forever"  

Enjoy the day!

Steve

How come you fret the guitar upside down?
I just want to play all day

ReplyQuote