Notifications
Clear all

Going to a Robben Ford masterclass!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rollotomasi88)
Topic starter  

So I managed to get tickets to a "Robben Ford Masterclass" in Guildford, UK in April! I'm looking forward to it, but have no idea what to expect as no real details were given beyond the venue and the time. Is there a difference between a 'clinic' and a 'masterclass'? Or are they just different names for the same thing? I'm not even sure if I should bring my instrument or not...I sure would love to get it signed, but I'm not sure if this is bad clinicmasterclass etiquette. lol :?

(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I found this on a blog
"I was invited to a masterclass recently at USC featuring guitarist Robben Ford. I was particularly keen to go as Robben was quite an influence on me as a growing musician back in the early 80s. Besides that, it is always nice to hang out with the USC professors, they are all great players in their own right, and always fun to hang out with.

I was expecting to see Robben play more and talk about his approach to playing but there was very little. Mostly he answered questions, and there were plenty of those. He began with quite a disclaimer in that he didn't have any formal training, was completely self taught and improved slowly by beating the s**t out of the guitar! Something I think we all relate to."

Okay - well I personally would take my guitar if I wanted it signed - there is just a much higher chance at getting this done than any other day in your life. I am jealous, Robben Ford is amazing.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote