23.4 K Views
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

:D LMAO :D :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@syds-madcap-girl)

This is the thread that never ends....it just goes on and on my friends...

Just coming out of lurking for a brief moment to saying "Howdy from Texas"!!! :)

Um....Yo-yo, if you have Friday or Saturday of next weekend open, you should check out a band I adore called LOMITA. They're from Austin and they're playing both nights down there. I'll be there for both shows.

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

~Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Sounds cool... Where are they playing? I couldn't find a band site...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Oh great!!! A Sherri Lewis and Lamb Chops moment.

:D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@syds-madcap-girl)

Their website is currently under construction...as always! Ha. Anyway, I won't be able to make it down for Friday's show after all. They're doing an instore performance at Cheapo's Discs and go on at 6...and there's just no possible way I can make it down south from Dallas by then.

Saturday they're playing at Lucy's in San Marcos...that one I WILL be at...feel free to send me an email if you want to go and need any further info. ([email protected]) I'm CRAZY about this band, and drove down to Austin to see them several months ago upon hearing their music on myspace. Hopefully you won't be disappointed, but I shouldn't hype them any further.

I wish Pet was here. :( She'd be going with me if she was. :(:(

~Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I'll have to catch these guys sometime. I'm in northeast Texas, so I'll have to wait until they get a touch closer before I do though.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@syds-madcap-girl)

Where do you live anyway? They're playing in Ft. Worth on August 20th, but I'd imagine that'd still be a haul for you.

Their live show is completely intense, and I simply adore them to no end. You can listen to some tracks from their record at http://cdbaby.com/cd/lomita ... "Green Eyes" and "Mr. Execution" are my favorites that of those you can listen to on the site. But feel free to buy the record...ha!

~Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

:(

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

These guys sound pretty cool to me, but I think I'm going rafting that weekend. If things change, I'm definately going (its either 3 hours in one direction to go rafting or 3 hours in the other to watch live music).

I'll let ya know. My girl said she misses going to watch live music, so it wouldnt be hard to convince her to go.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@syds-madcap-girl)

Elecktra, you should TOTALLY come out for that show in Ft. Worth! :P

~Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I'll definitely try to make it.... where exactly are they playing and what time?

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@syds-madcap-girl)

The Moon Bar...I've never been there, have you? I'll find out what time when I see the boys this weekend.

~Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

It's at 2911 West Berry. :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
Page 26 / 26