0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

yamahas

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Tacoma's Olympia series OD10SCE. Great tone, plays good.

ReplyQuote
(@aaron-munson)
Eminent Member

I second the yammaha. real good in the price range. But play a seagull first. the two are both good deals and they are fairly different feeling and sounding from each other. Very different necks. One or the other should be good for you. Good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

The only Seagull's that are available near me are more expensive (US$450 and up), and the dealer won't budge on price. After trying everything within my budget (under $350), I went with a Yamaha. Nice neck, and a full, bright sound.

But one guitar that really intrigued me was the Breedlove Atlas, of which there are two models that can be found close to $300. Smaller, but very well made with a nice woody tone. I'd buy this over the Taylor Big Baby or the low-end Martins, if I were searching for #2.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

Recently bought myself an Ibanez PF60SCE for £130 in the UK. I would definately recomend it. It plays nicely, and has a "Cutaway" (so that you can reach the top notes easily). It's got a solid top (Don't go for anything but a solid top), and Mahogany back and sides, so it's all good quality stuff. And it has the added bonus of a pickup, so that you can plug it in if you want to, and make yourself heard above a band!

They also make a non electric version, which I should imagine is equally good, and a bit cheaper.

Worth a look at Ibanez stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi ES
You didn´t say if you wanted a nylon string guitar ("spanish type")och steel stringed guitar ("Dreadnought type").
If you check the swedish guitar shop http://www.jam.se under "gitarrer stålsträngade och nylonsträngade" you will find the many of the guitars that people in this thread has recommended.
I have a Tanglewood Dreadnought guitar (poor mans Martin D28 ) that I like.

Kalle
Hi...

I'm going to buy a new acoustic guitar for under $300. Does anyone know a good acoustic guitar that cheap that's got a great sound and is nice playing ????
I've tried a few but they were no good...

/ES :?

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thanks for all the advice... I'm still looking for a guitar, and I am looking for a western guitar( a steel stringed one).. It is a lot easier now with your advice..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member

Hi...

I'm going to buy a new acoustic guitar for under $300. Does anyone know a good acoustic guitar that cheap that's got a great sound and is nice playing ????
I've tried a few but they were no good...

/ES :?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/513538/

Ovation CC026 Celebrity Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar

For the Cost this is a GREAT Guitar! Sale Price: $229.99

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction ...and sometimes a scar!

“Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever.”

ReplyQuote
(@biglou)

I have a Hohner Countryman Guitar which goes for less than $200. My Girlfriend bought it for me three years ago at a local guitar store. Nice Bassy sound, but the action is a little high. Nice for the price though.

You can find them on ebay if you search for countryman or hohner 300.

ReplyQuote
 Kit
(@kit)

bought my son an Epiphone acoustic starter kit which comes with the AJ-1,

I bought my husband the AJ-1 as a starter and he really likes it. It doesn't have the deep tone my Fender has but it also isn't big enough to rent out as a studio apartment either so it all works out. I did change out the strings because the ones it came with were kinda crappy.

Musicians Friend usually has good deals if you check out the website. You could also hunt down a good music store in your area and ask some questions. Mine takes trade-ins so they usually have a decent assortment of used guitars on hand. Most shops will also do the initial set up for you.

Be careful buying used unless you know a lot about guitars or you take someone with you that does. Most problems a used guitar could come with can be fixed but some problems are just not worth the trouble or time. Depending on how well used you could also get the bonus of the guitar sounding exactly like it will always sound...instead of changing over time like a new guitar.

- Kit

"Rock and Roll means well, but it can’t help tellin’ young boys lies..."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

ok i know i'll get a few hisses and boos from the washburn,seagull folks here on the boards but being a Takamine fanboy i would feel left out if i didn't throw the Taks into the ring to be considered.

i have a eg523sc acoustic/electric that i love and i think the one i bought is as good if not better than many of the aforementioned brands that cost a lot more. granted i played a few dogs on both sides of the brand fence so you need to take that into account when you shop.
mine is a little higher priced but to tell the truth i might have went for this solid cedar top instead if it had been available at the time

i have personally played this model and i cannot praise it enough.
this one here is a steal at $307.00
http://www.music123.com/Takamine-GS330S-i29851.music?t=4

also musicians friend has a "blemished" one for $254.00 and they have an excellent return policy
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/516304X/

however if you notice the music123 folks are throwing in a hardshell case so....

well good shopping and let us know how it turns out :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@hawken)
Trusted Member

ok i know i'll get a few hisses and boos from the washburn,seagull folks here on the boards but being a Takamine fanboy i would feel left out if i didn't throw the Taks into the ring to be considered.

Seagull owner...no booing or hissing though. Takamine was a serious contender when I was shopping my latest acoustic (ended up going with the Seagull).

Taks are nice....they especially seem to have some great electronics (if you're in the market for that). If they're good enough for Frank Black they're good enough for me.

ReplyQuote
(@geeper)

I will second the
http://www.music123.com/Takamine-GS330S-i29851.music?t=4

I have one and love it.

Geeper

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2