Clear all

Good clean single coil

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I already posted this in the Guitar Repair section, but I only got one response(BTW thanks Tracker 8)) Alright... anyway, just dreaming up what my future strat(Probably a 99 buck dragonfire or sx) with what my pickups are gonna be. Bridge: SD JB Jr. (For when I need a 'bucker 8)) Neck: Fender Texas Special(or any other p/u that will acheive that great SRV tone ) Middle: don't know yet. Got two decent low to mid overdrive p/up's(don't fancy metal that much, but if I do, the Jb will probably have to cut it) And I want a good clean pickup to do nice clean jobs and that wil blend nicely with my other two. Any suggestions(including with my other two) will be appreciated.
8) :)

Stairway to Freebird!

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

bump

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

bump

I've never heard of those pups before but, they sound like they will give you a good "push". :P

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

i guess for a nice clean pickup, you should just get the bridge Fender noiseless pickup. I'm assuming it has to give you a good clean sound if its noiseless pick up.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I'll check my fender product list ( a huge like 200 page catalog) They have a whole sectio on pickups. I'll see which ones they say give the sound you want.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I found it, from the pickup page. You would be best of with either a custom shop 1954 start pickups or the custom shop 1969 pickups. They are both listen saying they have the classic fender sound with good harmonics and mids and highs

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I'm bored at home, so I found the links for you

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/301626/
Custom Shop 54 Pickup

They don't sell the 1969 at MF but I'm sure they're out there. However, the 1954 pickup is neck and bridge only, and I think you need middle, so you might have to re arrange some things.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Okay thanks blackzerogsh, I'll take your and Trackers opinioninto consideration. Anybody know about the "Fender Vintage Noiseless" pickups? I think they use them on the Clapton Strat. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote