ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

another Blue Steel fan....

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Blue Steel here.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

I use D'Addario XL110s on everything except the 12-string which has D'Addario XL150s on it and the classical, which has D'Addario EJ45s. I don't hear much usable difference between electric strings and acoustic strings so everything with steel strings gets electric strings.

It makes it easier to shop too :)

ReplyQuote
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member

I use D'Addario XL110s on everything except the 12-string which has D'Addario XL150s on it and the classical, which has D'Addario EJ45s. I don't hear much usable difference between electric strings and acoustic strings so everything with steel strings gets electric strings.

It makes it easier to shop too :)

doesent electric strings on an acoustic cause it to be quiter though

be good at what you can do-

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Not that much.

If you're practicing at home, it might be nice to not have it so loud. If you're recording, you just turn the preamp gain up a little. That's where you'll hear a difference in tone - depending on how good your mic is - but then again, reverb and how it's mixing might nullify the difference. If you're playing live, small differences in tone will probably be unnoticeable to the audience, and if you've got piezo pickups for live, they act off the sound of the string vibrating the saddle and again the difference might not be too noticeable. With a mic, live, again it shouldn't be a problem.

And for me, I like unwound thirds on everything. :)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2