Clear all

Good Scale Site? and a Pedal...

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@allergy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm looking for a good site with the Pentatonic, Major, Minor Scales on it with all the postions for each. Most the Sites I've gone to only have 1 pattern. I know thats good enough to learn at first, but I like to be able to see them all so I can just look and study it, kinda burn it in my head before I try playing the others.

I guess I have another Question.. Ill put it here so I dont have to make a new post. Its in Regards to a Pedal. Ok. About 5 Year's ago a Good friend of mine had this Digitech Multi-effect pedal I dont remember the make of it or anything like that. But he was showing it off one nite.. and one of the thing's it did was it was able to records a few Sec's of his playing, then we would loop it back and put some lead stuff over it. I thought that was the best thing ever. 8) So anyway I've always wanted one of those, But I never wanted the Whole Multi-FX.. So I wanted to know If anyone knew of a Pedal that just did that. Recorded a few sec's of your playing so you could loop it back. I've tried looking and havent been able to Come up with anything that didnt have other effects on it.

thank's for reading :)

(@eclips3)
Eminent Member

I reckon most types of Digital Delays and a few Tape (hard to find) Delays will do what you're wanting. I've done it with the boss DD-6 and it works great, its about 5 seconds worth of playing.

Hope this helps

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

Im having an article posted on the guitar noise with all the pentatonic, major scale and mode fingerings listed with visual charts. If youd like, id be happy to send the charts to you. I think youll find them very useful.

Kido

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You could search for Pentatonic box Positions or look at this one. Scale Patterns

Digitech has been making effects for years it could be any one of a number of them. Five years ago, technology has made major improvements since then. They have new one that has a built in 8 track recorder and about everything else.

GNX3â„¢ Guitar Workstation

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@hobsonator)
Trusted Member

I recommend either the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay or the Loop Station. I have the Giga Delay. It can do 23 seconds of looping plus being a most excellent all around digital delay. The Loop Station doesn't have quite as many features as the Giga Delay but it can record four or five minutes of playing.

ReplyQuote
(@allergy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the links.

Forrok Thats a nice pedal.. a bit more then what I was looking for, but Id love to get one of those.

Kido give me a heads up when that artical gets posted I'd like to check it out.

So pretty much I just want to find a Delay pedal then? I'll give that Boss one a look Hobsonater. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I checked out that Loop Station, thats pretty much what I want, but not all $300 dollars worth of it :S Eek thats a bit pricey. I really dont need 5mins. Just enough to record a little ryth. maybe 20-30secs So then I can just practice my lead playing over that.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

This is a good site for scales - http://www.theorylessons.com/pentatonics.html

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

A $100 4-track tape recorder is great for recording a rhythm over which to practice lead. For $200 you can get a cheap digital 4-track recorder with a drum machine.

ReplyQuote
(@purplefenderstrat)
Trusted Member

You could search for Pentatonic box Positions or look at this one. Scale Patterns

Joe
that website was really helpful thanks alot man!!!!

"im the one who has to die when its time for me to die..so let me live my life, the way i want to.."-Jimi Hendrix-If 6 was 9

Paul Y Howdilly doodily neigborini!!

ReplyQuote