Clear all

Guitar center mic special

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Guitar centers holiday flier came to my mailbox yesterday, and on the back cover they have a deal for buy one mic half off get 2 free. The mic in question is made by Digital Reference, and the three mics all together cost 50 bucks. Good deal or not?

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i've seen deals like that before. they're probably not great mics. i'm guessing they're not absolutely horrible, though. i guess it depends on whether you have 50 dollars to throw around or need 3 mics. they might make good christmas gifts for someone just forming a band... or someone wanting to mic a drumkit... or backup mics. i don't know. sounds like a good price. you should try to find some consumer reviews of them. pay attention to bad reviews. if there's a consistent complaint, that is a huge warning sign.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

I bought this 3 pack of NADY mics for 20 bucks. Ive had them for about a year, all still work great. They are good quality. I do all my recordings with them... So yeah. I'd go for it?

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

If you want a great mic at a great price try the Behringer XM8500. They say this is a Shure SM58 copy, but I think it sounds better. Read the reviews. This is a great sounding mic. I used to use Shures, I bought 3 of these just for spares, now I use the Behringers.

Behringer XM8500

This is an excellent microphone.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

wasn't your old avatar a much younger guy?

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

wasn't your old avatar a much younger guy?

Actually, my old avatar photo was taken just a few months ago, this current avatar photo was taken about 4 years ago. I am getting younger looking as time goes by. :D

I am a young 52 years old.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

and don't mess with him, he can haul PA equipment back and forth and not break a sweat.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Thanks Nick, but truth is, we pay Dom's (bass player) stepson to help us haul some of our gear. The kid is pure muscle. We have subs that weigh over 100 lbs. takes two of us to carry them. This kid picks them up like they were made of balsa wood. :D

I am very proud of my age. If Stevie Ray Vaughan were still alive, he would be 52 also. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

I agree with Wes. I lead sing in our praise band and we have sm58, beta58, etc and I prefer my behringer xm8500 over those other mics and it is 1/5 the cost.

I just picked up 3 of the DR-GX1 (today) that look like an sm57. Used them tonight at praise band practive to mic a couple acoustic guitar amps. They sounded pretty good. Didn't A/B them against the sm57's or anything, but for the money they seemed to do their job nicely.

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote