Clear all

Guitar depression

18 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Its not that I hate learning new solos, or It frustrates me to the point of quitting or anything its just i do have very high expectations for myself i want to learn mr.crowley, EVH's Eruption, and all of zakks stuff in like 2 days and I CANT. It makes me so bummed out. I know i should give it longer time but there are so many notes and played in order as FASSSSSST as they do it Id need 5 months and Like i said after 20 min and it doesnt sound anything like it then i just stop. :(

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

MetallicaMan

If you can play solos like Crazy Train then you are a skilled lead guitarist.

Quit copying other players. It is time to start playing like YOURSELF. You need to discover your own style. This should keep you interested forever, because you will evolve over time.

It is great that you can play great solos like this note for note. People will think you are a terrific COPYCAT.

Think about all the greatest guitar players you know. They ALL have their own distinct style. Randy Rhodes doesn't sound anything like Jimi Hendrix. Jimmy Page doesn't sound anything like Carlos Santana. I think I've made my point.

Whenever you play a cover song give it your own personal touch. Play your own solo your way. You have probably heard Guns and Roses cover of Live and Let Die by Paul MacCartney. They played it their way. When Aerosmith covered the Beatles Come Together it was very different.

Start playing your own music. There has already been a Randy Rhodes, we don't need another one.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Its funny that all we see are these guitarists spewing out beautiful solos. What we dont see is the hours upon hours of boring, monotonous practice that they have to put in to create those pieces.

You have big goals metallic man. Big goals means that you need to put in a big effort. I promise that if you practice diligently you will not regret it. I know it sucks, but keep on truckin'. If you wanna be like your heros, you gotta work just as hard as they did.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2