Notifications
Clear all

Guitar Identification

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@dicentis)
Topic starter  

I'm sorry if you get threads like this often, but I've checked tons of online guitar databases and I've gone through 20 pages of Ebay to no avail in the quest for identifying this guitar. It has absolutely no identification on it, and I couldn't find really anything with the same head stock. Here are some pictures of the guitar.

Picture of guitar: /
Picture of body: /
Picture of head stock: /
Picture of back of guitar: /

If you need any more specific images, I can take more.

(@alex5508)

I've seen guitars similar to that one and most of them were custom made but that one looks like it has a peavey neck so I would do a little research on peavey guitars and that might help out. But its very possible that its a custom guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

That's almost certainly a Teisco model from the headstock.

I'll edit after some research . . .

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Its a Teisco - 408 I think, it may have been branded a Kay.
Also, congratulations Alex5508 for the strangest first post I have ever seen. Do you work at Big Apple music by any chance?

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Also, congratulations Alex5508 for the strangest first post I have ever seen. Do you work at Big Apple music by any chance?

Yup Ezra nailed it. Teisco EG-408-2T made in the late 50's

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@dicentis)
Topic starter  

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Yup Ezra nailed it. Teisco EG-408-2T made in the late 50's

Oh ya, it screams Teisco all the way!! Its tough to pick a brand on a lot of those. they made SO MANY diferent guitars, for diferent stores/brand names, that there was a lot of mix/match with headstocks, pickups, etc. I wish I had my old Teisco SG clone back. I bought it in my mid teens, and sold it about 15 years ago when I had not played it in a few years... [only 20 bucks to boot!!!! ] Now I wish I had it!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote