Notifications
Clear all

Guitar Magazines

21 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

While it's not guitar specific, Jazz Improv has a very good guitar section, and much of the music published in it for other instruments is easily played on the guitar.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

I play acoustic, so i am a big fan of Frets. That is the only guitar Mag I subscribe too.

I play acoustic too and electric. I have never seen a frets mag before. Do they have a website? I'd like to check that out. Does it actually teach you stuff?

ReplyQuote
(@homchz)
Eminent Member

I play acoustic, so i am a big fan of Frets. That is the only guitar Mag I subscribe too.

I play acoustic too and electric. I have never seen a frets mag before. Do they have a website? I'd like to check that out. Does it actually teach you stuff?

They have some good lessons

http://www.fretsmag.com/

I beleive it is a sub publication of Guitar Player but is only a quarterly Mag, so it can be a while between issues. Quality stuff IMO.

Joshua Jones New Folk Singer Songwriter
Joshua Jones @ MySpace

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

alright, cool, thanks, i will check that out.

Play Guitar is also a quarterly also and is a pretty good mag as well, i get that one too.

thanks I'll check out frets.

ReplyQuote
(@homchz)
Eminent Member

alright, cool, thanks, i will check that out.

Play Guitar is also a quarterly also and is a pretty good mag as well, i get that one too.

thanks I'll check out frets.

Anything for a guy with that good a taste in women :lol:

Joshua Jones New Folk Singer Songwriter
Joshua Jones @ MySpace

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Just thumbing through and reading each magazine you can get a good idea of the one that's best for you,
I agree, which is why I generally don't buy mags that are always shrink wrapped. (just my personal 'lil rant)

Anyway, check out what magazines your local library carries. Most will let you borrow back-issues, and even if they dont, it's a good way to look at several month's worth of magazines at one time.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2