Notifications
Clear all

Guitar on Airplane

19 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I wonder if they have enough space in the pilot's cabin. The key here is to find out if the pilot (or co-pilot) love guitars very much. I would keep one if I was. :wink:

Have a safe journey.

ReplyQuote
(@pear-tart)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks for all the help :)

actually on the way to europe my dad convinced the pilot to let me and my mom get on the plane-- which required driving the plane back to the gate and putting the bridge out again. The steward actually mentioned that song and said they didn't want something similar involving separating a family!
unfortunately, my very persuasive father is on a different flight home.

your advice is looking good so far-- I can try and get a hard case but I probably can't get a very nice one and it's a little iffy about even being able to.

but-- what would you recommend involving packing the guitar? also, I can't help but picture the people at the airport being a little perturbed when I put my guitar case on the x-ray conveyor belt... hopefully that will go okay?

ReplyQuote
(@unimogbert)
Estimable Member

but-- what would you recommend involving packing the guitar? also, I can't help but picture the people at the airport being a little perturbed when I put my guitar case on the x-ray conveyor belt... hopefully that will go okay?

This is not much of a problem. Just be sure and leave the guns and swords that you usually carry out of the case :-)

Strings, tuner, capo, picks are not threatening and they can see what they are on the x-ray. Pedals and power supplies might get more scrutiny. But still, if it's not a threat or prohibited they'll just look at it and send you on your way.

But remember you're packing for people who will tell you that they can't tell if a toothpaste tube of greater than 3 oz is empty or not. (I couldn't say that with a straight face if I were in their position.)

Unimogbert
(indeterminate, er, intermediate fingerstyle acoustic)

ReplyQuote
(@wannabepicker)

Had to post this. Take a listen to this guy's experience with guitars and airplanes. Lol. Great tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2