Clear all

Guitar Techniques Mag

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I recently read a magazine called "Guitar Techniques," out of Britain, and what a great publication! Its essentially all lessons in a variety of styles. Each month they transcribe songs in great detail, with playing tips located above the actual transcription for ease of reading/comparison. I've never read more logically set-up lessons. Not just songs, either, but theory, technique, the works.

If you haven't read it, pick up a copy, its a terrific mag.

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

thanks for the heads up.
your avatar pic scares me for some reason.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

haha
its jimi's kitty :lol:

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Totally agree. It's the only guitar magazine I ever buy. There's always something in there that is of interest to me, and there are some fantastic lessons and backing tracks. They are much more focused on actually teaching you something rather than filling the magazine up with boring interviews, gear reviews, or any number of things that I generally don't care about. I can't say that about most of the other publications I've read. For those in the US, you can pick this up at Borders Books; so far that's the only place I've ever seen it.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

Can we get it here in the states?

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

Oh, I see we can for the mere price of $133.00 US.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Can we get it here in the states?

Ahem...
For those in the US, you can pick this up at Borders Books; so far that's the only place I've ever seen it.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Subscription is not the way to go, but @ the newsstand (barnes and noble for me) I don't think its anymore than G1 or Guitar World. Since they all have CDs, they all cost a billion dollers anyway :)

Ah well, good mag at any rate

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

I just grabbed the March issue at B&N. You can also get it at Borders. $12.99 per month, so the subscription is the way to go if you're going to buy 12 a year.

ReplyQuote