Guitar tuners for a yamaha SG1500

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@simonsez)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of tuners my SG has. Despite a few japanese websites and reviews on harmony-central , there is so little info on these guitars. I did get a pdf of a US brochure for the SG1500-2000 models and it states grover 15:1 rotomatic tuners but mine dont have the grover name on the back. I did look on the stewart-mcdonald webpage and they have them.

thanks

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

They look like Grovers, but that does not always mean they are, as lower cost guitars often use knock-offs. But yours is not a low cost guitar. So if Yamaha says they are Grovers, then they probably are ... even if it says "Yamaha" on the tuners.

Name on the back of a sealed tuner is usually either the original manufacturer (Grover, Schaller, Gotoh ...) or the maker of the guitar (Taylor, Martin, Fender ...). The guitar designer/maker often specifies its name go on the back of the tuners, and the maker of the tuning machine supplies it that way. In your case, if really Grovers, I expect they would either say "Grover" or "Yamaha."

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@simonsez)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, one of the threaded bushings has broke within the peghole(?) and doesnt allow me to screw it into the headstock. It stays in tune and the lose nut doesnt buzz but i am torn between replacing them.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I am sure they are Grovers. Yamaha is not one of those companies which is going to lie in product description.

Nice guitar you have there. :)

ReplyQuote