Clear all

Guitars on the wall(paper)

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@questionmark)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi, I've gotten myself two of those very very practicall holders for guitars that you screw on to the wall. So the guitars no hang on the wall and you're once again able to walk on my floor :)
But my question is, can it hurt my precious guitars? I mean they do hang with all the weith from the guitar, on the head of the guitar (ad gravity as well)
Anyone had any problems?

peace in our time

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

some people belive that if a guitar hangs from the neck it ruins the guitar, but why do guitar stores do it all the time? IMO, no.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Under discussion here recently.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

My brand new Epiphone LP Classic (bought it Saturday...thank you, tax return!) went directly to the wall hanger...well, OK, it went there when I was finally too tired to play it anymore. :lol:

Disgusting semi-gloss apartment wall paint, but it does make for a nice reflection in the photo.

If I were to take a wide shot of the room, you'd see this on one side of my computer desk, and my Yamaha FG04 acoutstic hanging on the other. Perhaps I'll post that shot one day if we ever get the room picked up enough to be presentable. :) I'm going to pick up another hanger shortly to sling my Ibanez electric on as well, although I may need to then buy a 4th guitar to maintain balance in the room. Think my wife will go for that reasoning? :D

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Always play the decoration angle:

"But I think about how great it would make the room feel, it would really bring balance to the space..."

Don't forget to balance your amps too... 8)

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I was getting jealous over all these wall hanging discussions so I nailed all my floor stands to the wall. Does that count :o :lol:

I think next I will put my amps on the ceiling to save floor space :twisted:

All kidding aside, I think the wall hangers are a good idea and am planning to put up a couple this weekend.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I know a couple of bands who primarily hang their guitars both at home and at practice. The only time the floor stands come out is when they're onstage. I intend to get a few "hangers", not only for decoration, but to open up my floor space and won't have to worry about my animals coming in and knocking them over and cracking the headstock on my classical (see my post under Guitar Repair)--- I have learned my lesson,,,, the hard way..... hang those things for their own protection!!!! Plus, they look really cool hanging on the wall!!! IMHO.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote