Clear all

GutarPro Tab Software -looking for realistic Guitar Sound

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I recently purchased GuitarPro tab software – and the guitar sounds processed does not have a realistic tone :? I currently use a Philips Rhythmic Edge audio card.

I believe it is the sound card because when I send the signal to my Kurzweil keyboard all sounds are great (piano, horns, etc.) except I don't have a guitar voice on the keyboard :(

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sound card that produces realistic instrument sounds – particularly the guitar :?:

Also, are there any other good GuitarPro tab sites other than MySongBook.com?

Thank you :!:

BS

(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I don't know which soundcard would be ebst, but to me, it is a tab program and as long as I can make out what the tab says, its good enough for me. I just have a normal 5.1 soundcard, and everything sounds normal to me, I dont think a soundcard would help make it sound better, as the sounds are pre-recorded.

For tabs, try typing in the name of the song and then guitar pro file next to it, it helped me find john mayall tabs for powertab

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

:oops: Oops, I misread the question about the soundcard, sorry about that, try the search for the tabs though.

ReplyQuote
(@ajcharron)
Estimable Member

The sounds do come from your soundcard's MIDI capabilities. I've been working with GuitarPro for years and haven't found a way to make the sound much better. Make sure you're soundcard MIDI settings are on the soundcard's synth (Options/Midi configuration).

For acoustic, I use the Nylon settings and make sure pretty much every note is on "Let Ring" (Tools/Let ring assistant). It becomes more reasonable although no where near the sound of a real guitar, but it's workable.

For more realistic sounds, you'd have to go to something like G7, but it's long and difficult to work with and has much less flexibility (for example, you can't put a 7/8 beat in G7). But the sounds are real.

I've yet to try plugins like AmpliTube. Don't know if it would work or not, I just don't like the sound of AmpliTube, but then again, I haven't played around with it all that much.

Anyway, I compose everything in GuitarPro then transfer to Cakewalk. The keyboard, bass and drum sounds are realistic, so I just add real guitars after that. At least with GuitarPro I don't forget what I composed...

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

If you have a creative sound card like the audigy you can download Vienna for free and load soundfonts.

You get pretty realistic sounds that way.

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the response - I have Cakewalk and I'll give a try - also, I will resurrect and old pc with a Creative Sounds sound blaster board and experiment with that.

BS

ReplyQuote