Notifications
Clear all

Ha Ha, GAS strikes again

26 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@jester)
Trusted Member

I carry one of these around in my gig bag--it's a great little thing. Never tried driving a cab with it yet though--neat idea!

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

Some of these posts should be locked for me because i find that when i read them my credit card suddenly finds its way into my hand.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

LOL, now everyone wants a Smokey :D

Greg, Oh yeah, SpaceGirl is the one.

I probably wouldn't have thought twice about this little amp if it wasn't for that demo. I really liked the way it sounded through a cab. And this is a nice little device you can take anywhere to play guitar, better than lugging amps around.

The only reason I have GAS lately is that I have been working lots of overtime. In fact, I have been working 7 days a week, haven't had a day off in weeks. So I gotta little extra to spend on stuff like this, but boy am I gettin' burned out at work.

While the overtime lasts I figure I'll take advantage of it. I would like to pick up another amp for my PA, and one of those Squier 51's everybody raves about. That's about it for the moment.

Yeah, right. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Wes,
Sounds like you need a "Mental Health" day or BomBay Flu day or something :wink:

Have you had a chance to play a '51 yet? They're great guitars as far as bang for the buck and they're fun to play too.

When I get back on my feet here again, I'm gonna look at either another black one to repaint (maybe a metallic dark-green), and/or a burst'd version.

Modding them are easy, even without the mods.. they sound and play great. I would at the very least get a bridge from GuitarFetish for it though as the stock bridges aren't so good...my opinion.

Please let us know how you like that amp once you get a bit of time to play around with it :)

D-

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Dagwood

No, I have never played the Squier 51, but whenever I see a guitar or amp that many, many people give great reviews I figure there must be something to it. And the price is fantastic. I already own a Squier Standard Tele that is very nice and has great tone. So I am not afraid to play a Squier, they are great guitars for the price. Very good quality.

My supervisor who plays guitar bought a 51 after I told him about it and likes it a lot. And he has nice gear, his favorite guitar is a PRS that cost over $4000. He bought a gig bag for it and says he's gonna take it to jams. He really likes the neck, says it plays great.

They're talkin' about giving us a week off at Thanksgiving. I hope so, I could use the rest. It's nice to have money, but you do start to go a little bonkers if you work too much.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Dagwood

No, I have never played the Squier 51, but whenever I see a guitar or amp that many, many people give great reviews I figure there must be something to it. And the price is fantastic. I already own a Squier Standard Tele that is very nice and has great tone. So I am not afraid to play a Squier, they are great guitars for the price. Very good quality.

I have the sunburst'51. I don't play it as much as I should though. I do have a preference to the dual humbers of my Agile. I thought about replacing the single coil with a tele bridge pickup just to see how it sounds.
They're talkin' about giving us a week off at Thanksgiving. I hope so, I could use the rest. It's nice to have money, but you do start to go a little bonkers if you work too much.

Now you know why teachers get so many days off! 8) The stress involved especially now that the federal government and state governments are pushing us even harder (I feel sorry for the classroom teachers! They have a TON more work than I!). I took today off because I caught the first of probably 2-4 colds/flu I get every year working with kids. They get sick, put fingers in their mouths then touch and hug me...and honestly I wouldn't trade it for anything...but I wish we got paid as well as athletes do. I think we diserve it more then them!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Dagwood

I have the sunburst'51. I don't play it as much as I should though. I do have a preference to the dual humbuckers of my Agile. I thought about replacing the single coil with a tele bridge pickup just to see how it sounds.

Now you know why teachers get so many days off! 8) The stress involved especially now that the federal government and state governments are pushing us even harder (I feel sorry for the classroom teachers! They have a TON more work than I!). I took today off because I caught the first of probably 2-4 colds/flu I get every year working with kids. They get sick, put fingers in their mouths then touch and hug me...and honestly I wouldn't trade it for anything...but I wish we got paid as well as athletes do. I think we diserve it more then them!

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

A week at Turkey Day would be nice.

I don't play mine a whole lot either, but when I do.. I always shake my head.... cuz I do like playing it alot.

Its light, and I like the neck. I need to Dress the fret though but its fun to play. Its light and the sound is good.

I got a lipstick/gold 4.9k for the neck and a gold Dream 180 Hummer for the neck both from Guitar-Fetish. I think it sounds great.

Its the best "CHUNK" er guitar I own.. Y'know that rythmic technique to Chugga-chunk the upstrokes etc.???

Anyhoo I perfer playing my L.P. the most but the '51 is a very very close 2nd. :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Mike

While a teacher adds more to society than a baseball star, a baseball star generates more money. That's all there is to that. I remember a few years back seeing a show about super home run hitter Mark McGuire. They showed that when McGuire played, attendance at baseball games was up 10,000 people or more per game, even when his team played away from home. People come out and hope to see him hit one of those huge home runs. You figure probably $100 a head times 162 games a year. That is a lot of dough. That is why he got paid $20 million per year.

So, if you can figure out how to get 10,000 people to pay $100 for 162 days, you can make that kind of money too. :D

Dagwood- Yeah, my Squier has a good "dirty" tone. That's what I like about it.

Also, I know you are going through rough times. Just a year and a half ago my shop closed where I worked 15 years. I was out of work for awhile. So I know it's tough. But I found a good job and now I'm making more than I did at my old job (quite a bit more). So hang in there, good times will come around again. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Mike

While a teacher adds more to society than a baseball star, a baseball star generates more money.

I won't let this get into a huge debate but who taught that baseball star (insert favorite sport)? Most likely got into college...HOW? Fans need money to buy tickets correct...Most jobs usually requier you have at least a high school education.....etc..see my drift...Police, firefighters, etc...

Anyway, as you can tell this is a touchy subject for me so I won't let it get out of hand.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Mike

Well don't let it bother you. I work a lot harder than my boss, and if you saw each of us at the end of the day you would agree. I am filthy and he hasn't broke a sweat. And I could even reason he wouldn't have a job if he didn't sell the product I help produce. He is a very smart guy and well educated, but I think I could handle his duties very easily. No problem.

But that's how life works.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2