Skip to content
HAHAHAA my uncle kn...

Notifications
Clear all

HAHAHAA my uncle knows NOTHING about guitars...

50 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

what a nice guitar! from the onset it is plain to see that the guitar was worth money. I sense the uncle was wry and generous gifting such a nice Guild. the details of the story sound fishy. I have seen trolls on other forums. perhaps we have one under our bridge now.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I sense the uncle was wry and generous gifting such a nice Guild.

That thought crossed my inept brain-waves too. Imagine selling a Gibson to a kid for $100 just so that the kid has (and learns) a sense of investment, and then see a forum entry like this? Yikes!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Afo
(@afo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

um... okay guys... i DID thank him... a lot... >.> and dude, u gotta understand, my uncle is fuckin rich compared to me... :( he works at microsoft, i don't work... well, i mow lawns and stuff... so i think it's a good deal for him... i think the guitar was a present to him... well... then again i guess karma kinda got back at me... so after reading all of your "shame on you" comments, i told him he could have the guitar back cuz THESE STRANGERS WERE SHOOTING ME DOWN ... and then he was like oh... really? then that can be your next christmas/birthday presents too... :( dammit

ReplyQuote
 Afo
(@afo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

wait wahts a troll?

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

So, you came clean with things to your Uncle. You're the proud owner of a nice guitar and your uncle might even be impressed with your honesty or integrity now. The only thing you might still lose are a couple of gifts. Big deal. That all doesn't add up to a nice guitar like that. Getting the respect of a family elder is nice. Plus, you showed him the respect that he did deserve by making sure he know the value (which he may have all along). Seeeee, this whole treat family & others properly pays off most of the time. Not all the time, but even when an occasional act of dignity causes you a loss, at least you still got that dignity and integrity thing going. Invaluable attributes.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Glad to hear you took the high road. doing the right thing is it's own reward.
what goes around....comes around. :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

thanks for reposting. you did right by going back to your uncle. btw, he may seem rich to you, but in reality, us old people are not wealthy. just generous.

troll> a person that fakes situations in posts to get attention for some reason.

you are not a troll.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Now you need to change the thread title to,

"Hahahahaha! my favorite uncle gave me a great deal!!!" :mrgreen:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@bmancv-60)
Estimable Member

You're young, there wasn't anything funny or worth celebrating in what you did. I'm new to this forum but it seems very community-minded and celebrates everthing about guitar, so when your post appeared what you got didn't surprise me. At least you listened to what people were saying, went back and did the right thing; so many people don't these days.

"...I don't know - but whasomever I do, its gots ta be FUNKY!"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

um... okay guys... i DID thank him... a lot... >.> and dude, u gotta understand, my uncle is embrace rich compared to me... he works at microsoft, i don't work... well, i mow lawns and stuff... so i think it's a good deal for him... i think the guitar was a present to him... well... then again i guess karma kinda got back at me... so after reading all of your "shame on you" comments, i told him he could have the guitar back cuz THESE STRANGERS WERE SHOOTING ME DOWN ... and then he was like oh... really? then that can be your next christmas/birthday presents too... dammit

You are young, obviously, and I am dying of laughter at the spanking you took here but I am (who the heck am I? Stupid stranger on the internet) very proud that you went back to the uncle with honesty. Believe it or not, none of us scolding you have done it all perfectly. We've all stumbled and said stupid, VERY stupid things... but good job on correcting yourself.

NOW, get to playing that guitar and GET A JOB you slacker!! LOL

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Congratulations on coming clean with your Uncle. Good job.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

So, you came clean with things to your Uncle. You're the proud owner of a nice guitar and your uncle might even be impressed with your honesty or integrity now. The only thing you might still lose are a couple of gifts. Big deal. That all doesn't add up to a nice guitar like that. Getting the respect of a family elder is nice. Plus, you showed him the respect that he did deserve by making sure he know the value (which he may have all along). Seeeee, this whole treat family & others properly pays off most of the time. Not all the time, but even when an occasional act of dignity causes you a loss, at least you still got that dignity and integrity thing going. Invaluable attributes.

+1 to that. 8)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Good job in the turnabout. You could have just ignored everyone's advise and not said a word to your Uncle. But you did the right thing. Now dig deep and write a song about what you've learned.!! :)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

8) , Afo.
Congrats on the new guitar. It looks like a beauty.
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@fredramsey)
Estimable Member

My 2 cents.

I could see doing this if the uncle had always treated me like crap. I can be evil that way.

But the LAST thing I would do would be to go on a public forum and brag about it. That's just weird. The OP was either looking for approval, or looking for disapproval.

He would do well to examine why he wanted to air out this deed in public.

It's probably a good thing he did, overall, since he has corrected himself.

:shock:

Learning requires a willingness to be bad at something for awhile.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4