Clear all

Hands making to much noise.

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@hillibilly)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have been playin for about 2 anda half years and coming along nicely but lately when I have been playing past the 7th fret towards the body all kinds of sounds are being made by my fretting hand. I don't know if i am nervouse or what. Any suggestions about keeping my hands steady?

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

What kind of sounds. String sqeek, playing notes when you release a string..ect... try to explain it.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@hillibilly)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Like if the string was loose. So it kanda sqeaks. Plus when I am taping my tapping finger really makes that noise.

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

Ok, to find out the problem, play really really slowly and try to figure out where the noise is coming from.

Once you have isolated the problem, you can figure out where you need to mute.

You said there was noise when you were tapping, are your pulloffs being done cleanly? Let us know once you have figured out where the noise is coming from.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

these guys are definatly right.... U have to let us know exactly where this is coming from...

The only insight I can give is to play anything problematic EXTREMELY slowly... when u do this u can keep the beat and u will probably play it fine..... U slow it done, play it fine you realize what your doing wrong.

If you are trying to play along to something, then I recommend u get winamp and a plugin called Pacemaker tempo controller, it will slow down the song for you so u can play along and concentrate on your mistakes... U can get it by going to http://www.winamp.com , click on plugins and search for pacemaker, this was invaluble in for me to learn Master of Puppets...

Good luck!

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@hillibilly)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. I have figured out the promblem. Since I have massive hands when i get below the 12th fret my figures are touching the fret and causing the noise. As far as the tapping goes I think I just need to pratice.
Thanks Again.

ReplyQuote