Have I gone too far? (MOD Pics Added)

54 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Indeed, very beautiful guitar TR!

You said it has 10's. What gauge do you use? Now I am playing much more my LP than the Strat and I recently changed the strings from 9's to 10's. Now it seems a different guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Aww, c'mon! Now I'm gassin for an LP, that's just a beauty!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Nuno, I use 9's. I have for over 30 years and it might be just a saying but I don't think you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Daven ...... only $239 at Rondo!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nuno, I use 9's. I have for over 30 years and it might be just a saying but I don't think you can teach an old dog new tricks.
No, TR, I am not trying to teach anything.

Enjoy your guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sweet. Glad it's in such wonderful shape. We should see a video by Saturday then, eh?

8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well ........... I love the thing but I have decided to put hotter pickups in it and ThunderFingers could hear that the D string does not quite perfectly intonate. I could flip the saddle but for $12.95 I'm going Nashville. The neck is perfect, the weight is nice and it looks great. I think it is worth the $70 to mod this thing. Zebra Crunchy PAT's are on the way! WoooHooo!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

OK, so next Saturday then. :lol:

So, the D string would not intonate properly? Is that with the OE strings, or did you change them already? (I know you were at least going to. )

I always promise myself a good A/B testing when changing out pickups and such, but rarely do. Do you ever do that?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Daven ...... only $239 at Rondo!
I'll need to wait, my guitar budget and my wife's patience are about gone for the year. Those six packages that arrived the week we got back from Florida took care of both :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Yeah! Sounds like you got a fab new guitar :-)

ReplyQuote
(@liontable)
Estimable Member

Looks absolutely stunning, I didn't really like the internet pictures but the selftaken ones really made me a fan. Daven, I hear Kidneys sell for quite an amount and you even have 2, what are you really waiting for?!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, those internet pics did not do justice. Roy, new strings and the D string was oh so close on the electric tuner that I was OK with it but my son plays fretless bass so his ear is pretty keen. He was like, get the new bridge and pickups. he spends my money with ease. :lol: I have that saddle as far foreward as it goes, it could be flipped but I really like those Nashville bridges and for $12.99 how can I go wrong. Maybe I'll do pics or video of the modding. :?

ReplyQuote
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Looks absolutely stunning, I didn't really like the internet pictures but the selftaken ones really made me a fan. Daven, I hear Kidneys sell for quite an amount and you even have 2, what are you really waiting for?!
Yeah! Who needs more than 1 kidney. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah! Who needs more than 1 kidney. :lol:
Not me! Only had one since I was 4. :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Not me! Only had one since I was 4. :shock:

Ah - that would make selling one quite difficult.....

Perhaps you can persuade a family member to sell theirs? All for a good cause... :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Sweet. Glad it's in such wonderful shape. We should see a video by Saturday then, eh?

8)
OK ... OK a video THIS Saturday. :lol:

I am changing the pickups to hot ones, so this is apples and oranges as an A/B test cause this video has clean tones. The pic is a little out of focus and I think Roy is spying on me cause I heard him drive by while I was recording this. :wink: I really didn't want to do another take though so here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwz_EWJSxJg

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4