Clear all

Having a bad night.....

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It didn't start out that way, things looked promising - the Mrs went to bingo, I thought "Wow - got three whole hours to myself!" .....then the step-daughter turned up, "Will you mind the kids for an hour or so?" - so I did....

Got rid of them, got upstairs, been working on a riff for a few days - sounded OK - anyway tonight I had the bright idea, I'll do it in open G then instead of adding 6ths, 7ths and the odd sus4 I can add a sus4/6 chord......

So, I fire up audacity - I manage to get the riff absolutely spot-on, first go .......I add bass, that sounds OK - I add slide fills between the verses....it's all sounding really good so far....

So then I add vocals - first verse goes OK, 2nd verse same, i sit back and relax for a verse, I come back in for the last verse and what happens? I get the outro.......

I only recorded three verses instead of four.....and now I've got to do the whole damn thing over again.........

Ah well - there's always tomorrow - I'm going to have a drink (yes, alcohol is involved!) and go to bed.........

Tomorrow, tomorrow.........

Not sure whether to :D :D :D or :cry: :cry: :cry: ........

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

That's to bad Vic. Good luck with the redo.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I hear ya and been there Vic. Good luck next time. This round was a practice round RIGHT? :roll:

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Is a bit of copying and crossfade-type splicing out of the question?

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Not as bad as my night Vic, no guitar and no beer

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Not as bad as my night Vic, no guitar and no beer

yep - that's a bad night!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:01 pm

Is a bit of copying and crossfade-type splicing out of the question?

Ummm yes - crossfade type splicing? ummmm - too technical!

Ah well - I have half a bottle of cider, four guitars, and a Mrs who won't wake up before about 1PM hopefully - and a daughter who's going to come in from a wedding, probably a bit drunk - I'll just wake them up in the afternoon.......

Sooooo = I'll have a drink, try and re-record, and if anyone tels me to turn it down, the answer will probably begin with "F".......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Fair enough :) Hope you get some good recording time in - I've managed about an hour this entire week. My other half is at work on sat, so if the girls sleep at the same time I might be in luck...

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Fair enough :) Hope you get some good recording time in - I've managed about an hour this entire week. My other half is at work on sat, so if the girls sleep at the same time I might be in luck...

Best of luck to both of you. There's nothing like having time alone to work things out on guitar.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

No sympathy for you Vic, you should always have more alcohol with it LOL

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@total-13)
Trusted Member

splicing would work,

do you have any sequencer software?

sonar?
cubase?

if not there are some freeware and shareware things on a much basic level you could find which will do simple jobs like this.

have a mess around on one,
sonar is good if your not too technical as you can use it as a digital multitrack so you can keep you guitar, vocal and bass recordings seperate so if you screw up you only need to re-record the part you screwed up on.

I'd recommend checking it out even if it does seem very confusing at first.

Epiphone LP Standard trn blue ltd edition
fender squire strat (heavily modified and re painted with WOA festival logo)
Trace Elliot Super Tramp Valve 100 Combo
digtech RP3.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Whew... when i saw this post all i could think of was that you were having another round with the stairway.
glad to hear you're ok, time to learn some of that "technical" stuff i think. re-recording takes too long, especially when you've already got several spot on tracks down. :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member

Did the drink help? :lol:

ReplyQuote