Clear all

HELP

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, My next solo that im working on is "Bark at the moon" by Ozzy Osbourn and Randy Rhoads. I have a question about the ending note in the solo, it goes on for a very long time. I was wondering if he is using a "compression sustainer" pedal or what. Thanks. :?

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

i haven't heard that solo but it could be, because even on high wuality guitars, the sustain couldn't be that long. So there's a good chance Rhoads probably used some sort of pedal

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

It wasn't Mr. Rhoads who played or wrote that solo, but anyways :D It might be, but you gotta figure that the amp was pretty loud when he played that solo, so the natural sustain was probably quite long. Listen closely to see if he's picking that end note several times or just once (because i think it's repeated). I think you could get the note sustaining without the pedal.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Im tired of people telling me that it wasnt Randy. It was, its straight off of the "ozzman cometh" greatest hits with RANDY RHOADS AS LEAD GUITAR PLAYER. Randy is way better then any zakk anyways. God i just get so mad. :evil:

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

Jake E Lee and Ozzy wrote bark at the moon. Rhoads may have played it on the greatest hits album...obviously it would've had to have been a previous recording though.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Jake E Lee and Ozzy wrote bark at the moon. Rhoads may have played it on the greatest hits album...obviously it would've had to have been a previous recording though.

Yes, thank you. I didn't want to start an argument here or anything.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote