Clear all

Help GAS!

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@70chevelle)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Ok - My current stable of guitars - Seagull S6+GT, which I love, and a Yamaha Gigmaker, which I don't. I really don't care to play the Yamaha anymore, as it sounds pretty dull & lifeless compared to the Seagull. I want to buy a solid wood "keeper" for my next guitar. I really like the fretboard of the Seagull, and would like my next guitar to be similar. That being said, the Martin D-15 Custom, with solid sitka spruce top & solid mahogany back & sides has really got me thinking. The website dimensions don't really compare well between the two, since the Martin gives width at the nut and Seagull gives nut width. I guess it really comes down to the spacing of the strings, which neither gives. So.....

1) Any opinions about the Martin D-15 Custom (From Musicians Friend) I really don't want to order from the internet, but it seems to be the only place to get it. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-D15-Custom-Spruce-and-Mahogany-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514700

2) Any other recommendations for a solid wood guitar in a similar price range that may compare fitwise with my Seagull?

Thanks!