Clear all

Help me with my solo!

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I wrote a killer song equipped with a nearly finished solo. I got the beginning of the solo perfect and it goes very well with the rest of the song...its just that once I'm through with the main part of the solo I have no clue how to end it in a way where I can easily blend back into the song. Its quite a basic but speedy heavy metal solo played on the 3 tremolo strings...the rest of the song is played mostly on the 2 lowest bass strings (E and A) with quick changes between powerchords. The main riff is extemely basic with maximum use of 3 frets and 2 fingers :? . I dunno if all this info will help you to help me but I don't have the matariel needed to record it for you.

Any tips will be gratefully accepted

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Could we have a clip of it, so that we know what you've got so far, otherwise no one can suggest something that would really match? We dunno what it sounds like

What about three string sweeped arpeggios started low and running higher up neck and then end on a bend. Sorta builds the solo to a climax. But like I said a clip would be cool

ReplyQuote
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Like I said...I don't have the matarial to do that...but maybe I can get a big music shop to record me sometime...

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@hairballxavier)
Estimable Member

I'd say that since you are satisfied with the solo parts that you already have, just end the solo and the rest of the music right there. Suddenly. Then scream the name of the song as loud as you can and go back into the main riff, only do it half time and fade out.

Just an idea.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

drum solo

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

its just that once I'm through with the main part of the solo I have no clue how to end it in a way where I can easily blend back into the song.

I feel your pain. One thing that I keep doing is, I really try to concentrate on what I am hearing in my head. It helps when you know where you want to go with it as well.

Listen to what your head is saying. If you get frustrated with it, take a break from it, refresh your brain and come back to it 'open minded'.

Just a thought.

Happy pickin'

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Oh thats what i was gonna say! (forgot when I did my last post) - Another way to end, you could solo along to the vocal melody, if u have one, if not maybe a harmony of the main riff or something.

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

if you're doing a speed metal solo then u have an amp... and since you're posting on this forum I'm guessing u have a computer :)

Plug the headphones jack from your amp into the mic input of you're computer to record it with a 1/4' to 1/8' connector ... so we can hear it and help you better...

btw - this is how I record almost everything here I use Sonic Foundry ACID to record everything. It works just like a dat recorder...

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote