Clear all

hmmm....new gear

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I will be in the market for a new guitar in the near future, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this one:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Electric?sku=518403

Still in the shopping around mode....I havent actually played one yet, but am going to try one at one of the local shops...

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I've never played the Epi LP custom, but I do own the Epi LP standard, and it's a great guitar. Good quality guitars IMO, and easier on the pocket book than a Gibson. :wink: Go check 'em out like you said, nothing beats playing a guitar yourself to see if it's for you. If it is, you'll know. Good luck. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I have the studio version of this guitar. The quality of the ones I looked at was more consistent than the lower priced Gibsons. The current Gibsons and the Elitist have different humbuckers. I, and the uncle I took to give me a second opinion, seem to prefer the sound of the Elitist, YMMV. But the Elitist series is a serious guitar

The other brand you might find (probably used) is Tokai (also made in Japan). The better ones should rival any Gibson. There's also Heritage, but that's getting up in price and they can be hard to find. (But I'll make the effort before buying a semi-hollow body.)

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I've got the Custom Special "Cherry Burst" with Gold Hardware. Its a sweet beauty. It came setup with 10's and was good to go right out the box.

I love mine.

I've been GAS'n for a White SG.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I've never heard the elitist, but my custom is sweet.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I've got an EPI Studio Deluxe that sounds and looks great. Quality guitars for the money...in my experience.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i have a epi lp black beauty, great guitars 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Bravo , and thanks for giving me another pot of gas (though lately i have been gassing for a fender strat and a fender Frontman amp ) :D

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

I have the LP standard(04) and I'm very happy with it,everything is tight,stays tight(except the strap screws)it stays in tune well and sounds sweet.

GG

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Straplocks and loctite. Those LPs are heavy beasts.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thx all....I'll post after I play it.....

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Better make that choice fast... I heard they are being (Have been?) discontinued... That's why MF is blowing them out...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote