Notifications
Clear all

Hohner guitars.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@rowdee)
Topic starter  

Im new here, but I have some things in my mind I would like some feedback on. Has anyone here ever seen the ECLIPSE sreies ac/el guitars Hohner had a few years ago? They featured a spherical alder bowl back design. I was shopping for a good 12 string at the time and stumbled on these online. I was really taken with this guitar, but couldnt find them anywhere. I contacted Hohner sales and, by luck, their chief outside sales person was off the road and in his office. I asked about this series and this model and they were stopping production. I managed to wrangle one of the last they had anywhere for $700. and they even shipped it to a local guitar shop that was a primary customer. I was a bit nervous since I had only seen it online. Big chance I took. When I opened the box, the guy in the store was amazed. He had never seen one either. A thing of beauty. I picked it up and it was perfectly in tune even after shipping. A fact that, after several years of owning it, is still true. I can tell you it sat in the case for months after I moved here and when I pulled it out, perfect tuning. Those Grover high ratio tuners... the best. So, on to a couple things. I cannot find any more of these at all, anywhere. Not even on Ebay. Ive had lots of guitars, Ovation, Gibson Hummingbird, but this little masterpiece is special. I have been searching for the second series of these, the ECA 800 6 string to compliment the 12 string. Which, is still in perfect condition. I play it a lot and its just a gem. Has anyone here seen one or played one? They stopped making them in 2009, just before...yes before I got mine. Lucky me. The only one they had on the shelf. Im still looking after all these years.