Clear all

HOLIDAYS!!!

15 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

So now that the Holidays seem to be in full swing, what is everyone gonna put on their Christmas/Holiday Lists????

I think i'm gonna try to get a pedal or two seeing as I don't have any. I might try to get that Behringer tube screamer Wes mentioned a few weeks ago. And a lot of people seem to praise the PlaneTalk book/dvd so i might try to get that.

I'm sure that in reading your posts i'll find a few other things i can't live without.

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I find the trouble with things you can't live without leads to depriving the Mrs of things SHE can't do without.....we've just had a new fireplace, I've decorated every room downstairs from the bathroom/toilet to the porch, through the kitchen and the living room, the hall stairs and landing.....so I thought, right, it's my turn.....

Ask me am I going to get a new guitar for Xmas......answer will be, I'll be lucky to get a new set of strings....and she wants all three upstairs rooms doing after Xmas.....

Sigh......it never stops......

And I thought a new Squier Tele (custom) was a perfectly reasonable request......

You can't win, you can't even draw these days - £700 for a carpet we don't particularly need is a normal request (I'ts for the house!") but £135 for a Squier Tele is, in her words, taking the mickey........

Ah well, just wait till she wants the bedrooms decorating.......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Here's the plan Vic. You buy one of these

http://www.music123.com/String-Swing-Guitar-Hanger-i22979.music

and the Tele hang it on the wall and call it decor.

Most likely I'll be getting what I get every year:

Guitar Strings (Wrong Gauge)

Guitar Picks (Wrong Gauge Again)

Socks and Underwear (Right Size I Hope)

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I won't be getting anything too expensive as I bought an acoustic a few weeks ago. Vic you should try the old "I've probably saved us £135 by doing the decorating myself instead of getting the painters in" routine :lol: , sometimes works for me anyway. Celt my wife has gone shopping today with 2 empty string packages in her handbag (her idea) to make sure she gets the correct size. Its all in how well you train them. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Translation needed for those of us on this side of the Atlantic... "taking the mickey?"

I am sure its not flattering, but I have no idea what it means! (We speak the same language, don't we?)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

That's a good link Arjen....hah, you should be glad I didn't write it in Lancashire dialect, instead of the Queen's English....

http://www.btinternet.com/~troubleatmill/speak.htm#phrase

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Celt my wife has gone shopping today with 2 empty string packages in her handbag (her idea) to make sure she gets the correct size. Its all in how well you train them. :wink:

I tried that. It still didn't work. :roll:

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@les-paul-matt)
Eminent Member

1. PC recording system.

2. Sick ass pedals.

3. Half Stack

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member

Stuff I want:
A Vintage Danelectro
Stuff I need/will get:
Strings,picks
Hopefully new p'ups
Photo gear

Keep in mind that im a wishful thinker.

"This is a public service announcement....with guitars!"

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Nut files.
Fret files.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Electric dulcimer
Fender Blues Jr. amp

will probably get a hard way to go :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

............my two front teeth.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I may get another Squier '51. I have a 2-tone burst one now, so I may get the Butterscotch one.

HOHOHO!

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm having a hard time. I've gotten two guitars this year and three last year, so I'm about full. Got plenty of strings, picks, straps, etc. I'm happy with my amps, although in a couple of years I can see myself in a Fender HRD.

No, I think this year will bring a few small ticket items like some CDs that I've been meaning to get and that's about it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote