How are Jasmine Aco...

Notifications
Clear all

How are Jasmine Acoustic Guitars?

28 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Shipping is $11 and unfortunately they are charging $6.66 tax...$117.61 is the grand total...

Like you said...even for the decorative value! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

So you pulled the trigger, eh? Let me know what you think.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

NO.....I just added it to the cart to see the total. I do that all the time because sometimes there are hidden costs like expensive shipping or in this case tax. I I just emailed them to see if there is a dealer close by I can check them out.

I was looking through their site and they do give you a free instructional DVD with the purchase of any guitar, banjo, mandolin, etc...

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Ah, gotcha. Darn, I was hoping to get some real feedback on it. They supposedly have a Stars & Stripes Tele clone as well, but I haven't been able to find one for sale. I just really like the look of that acoustic though.

Anyway, I hope you find yourself something. I think part of the fun is hunting down the purchase.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Jasmines are pretty much low level entry guitars and don't cost much.

My Jasmine was $600.00 brand new. Yeah I guess that's still entry level but not entirely cheap either. Differences can be found from guitar to guitar. Even of the same model. So, I would say that the best thing to do is try one out first.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Jasmines are pretty much low level entry guitars and don't cost much.

My Jasmine was $600.00 brand new. Yeah I guess that's still entry level but not entirely cheap either. Differences can be found from guitar to guitar. Even of the same model. So, I would say that the best thing to do is try one out first.

wow i stand corrected, i was always under the impression that Jasmines were the low end Takamines :oops:
-----------------
edit~

hueseph,
what model did you buy that was $600?
i did a google and couldn't find one that wasn't under $200 even if listed at $200 or a little over it was pretty easy to find it cheaper somewhere else.
I'm not saying that they are "bad" guitars i was just commenting that he should consider buying a new one since all the ones i found were under $200 and most were under $160.
i'm a huge fan of buying guitars made overseas (well most), versus american or "namebrand" for the sake of a headstock, and i totally concur that reguardless you should look around, try the ones you can and avoid the impulse buy :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

It was a nylon string electric/acoustic w/a solid spruce top. rosewood fingerboard and mahogany back and sides. There was no on board preamp but at the time a solid top guitar at that price was unheard of.

ReplyQuote
(@sapho)
Estimable Member

Isn't it all relative? I forget what my first guitar was. My second was a steel string Regent Alvarez and now I play the nylon string Jasmine by Takamine Studio Series. All were given to me by sponsors if I promised to play it. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? And now I'm ready to move up to the next level. It will have to be something with amplification.

Portamento - The ability to move from a wrong note to the right one without anyone noticing the original mistake.
Harmonics - The buzzing sound that string instruments make.
Impromptu - A carefully worked out composition.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Crank-n-Jam,

I thought you would be interested in this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Quality-Indiana-American-Flag-Electric-Guitar-TE_W0QQitemZ7317176022QQcategoryZ38083QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The price is good and Harmony Central gives good reviews of Indiana guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

BTW with some research I came up with a model number. TC28C

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

That's a pretty Guitar :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

The thing is. It played like a dream. I have yet to find a guitar that had the same action(nylon string of course.) for that price. The neck is as shallow as your standard electric. I miss it. If I had the money and could speak spanish I'd buy that one off ebay. (although I think it's actually in Spain.) :P

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2