Clear all

How far would you go?

26 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

A guy here had a Peavey amp fall out of the back of a pickup truck on the road at about 55 MPH on the way to a gig. It was pretty skinned up, but played perfectly.
Yeah, I remember reading that thread.

No word on the Valve King :(

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey, glad to hear you got your amp fixed.

i also have a valve king, but am having trouble dialling it in to get a sound i like. any tips??

I just ran across these threads and they have some great advise on the Valveking

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969296

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883003&highlight=ultimate+settings+valveking

Well worth the time to read.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thought I would update you. It crapped out again. Was going to pitch it in the trash can, but, it's going to be rebuilt. I've been hanging out at AX84.com and I'm going to do a P1ex eXtreme build in it. I was going to do a firefly build but I wanted an eq in the amp itself. I will take lots of pictures of the build and post them for you all. Don't expect this to be quick, I'm unemployed at the moment so parts will be slow to buy.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

If you ever do decide to pitch it, I've got a trash can.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

If you ever do decide to pitch it, I've got a trash can.
lol, that would be a looooooong pitch :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

A guy here had a Peavey amp fall out of the back of a pickup truck on the road at about 55 MPH on the way to a gig. It was pretty skinned up, but played perfectly.

This is why I don't carry gear in pickup pans.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Oh, and I'd pay anything to have any of my guitars fixed right now. They all mean a lot to me and represent a lot to me.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@joshmassa)

I own a Peavey T-15. My uncle gave it to me after he got into an accident and couldn't play anymore. Great little guitar if you ask me, for only $150? bucks. A couple months back my girlfriend tripped over the input jack when it was plugged into my Peavey. Completely annihilated the bottom of my pick guard. I've looked everywhere for a replacement, but I can't find one that fits this style of guitar. It makes me very sad. :(

Here's a picture of what it USED to look like:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Have you contacted Peavey?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

I've looked everywhere for a replacement, but I can't find one that fits this style of guitar. It makes me very sad.

There are custom pickguard makers out there. Just google "custom pickguard" and you'll find quite a few.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yup, just give my buddy Grant a call at Peavey repairs, I'm sure he can hook you up. Realy a nice guy.

1-601-483-5365

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2