Notifications
Clear all

How good do I have to be........

18 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Laz, I've seen some bottom dwellers that smoke guitar players with their scales and groove.  I know you've seen 'em too.  Who knows, it may even BE you!

That's good to hear lots of musicans had no clue to begin with.  Pretty encouraging for all of us newbies.  I have to say I will likely down a bottle of Pepto Bismol to calm my stomach when it comes to my first public outing.  Would love to practice with a band now but can't seem to find anyone.

Duncan, start your band now.  Don't drink or drug to get over the fear.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Laz -  Who knows, it may even BE you!

In my dreams! :D

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You'll need to find people. Keep in mind that it will important to find people of like mind and similar experience because to be a band requires everyone's minds working together to make it happen.

Practice, practice, practice. It will get you to feel positive and confident about your material. The greatest asset you can possess in believe in yourself. Do your own thing so that it feels right and comes together in a way that makes people want to hear more.

Play often and play anywhere and do it for free when your first starting out. Play parties in your friend's garage, basements, living rooms, and anywhere you can find so that you can begin to understand what it is like to play in front of an audience and what is needed onstage to make all of yours and the bands hard work at practice a reality.

There are no magic formulas, push your creative limits and have faith and perseverance,

Personal experience "Think Positive and good things will happen".

Joe

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2